PDA

View Full Version : Attention XL Vortex Diatom Filter Users

Spices
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
How many of you folks have problems with this terrific but pain in the A$$ filter (with the annoying leakage)?

Did you send the pump (head) to the manufacture along with a fee of $8.50 to get it fixed?

How did you and what did you do to remedy this problem?

Thanks.

:sun:

*Angie*

CeratopsianCanus
06-07-2005, 03:08 PM
a generous coating of vaseline around the O ring and the thread and making sure no powder is in the thread of the lid or jar almost always stops this leakage. I have 3 of them & they are excellent.

korbi_doc
06-07-2005, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I concur, & I use the vaseline around the rim too! However, after sev'l yrs of use, mine developed a leak thru the solid plastic base (prob mfg defect) & I called Fla, sent it back, & they replaced it, cost just mailing. Very good service & back-up... can't be without this filter, it's the best... Now the HOT Magnum is also good, & I use them too... JMO Dottie :crazy:

Cosmo
06-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Wish I would have read this 10 years ago when I used one :( I used to wrap a towel around where the head connected to the jar and then set it in a 5 gal bucket while it was working :o DUH lol

Spices
06-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Okay, thanks. I sent mines back for repairs and it arrived with more lubricant all in the insides and out. Especially around the O ring.

With my next (larger sized 240 gallon) tank, I'm gonna use the HOT magnum along with another XL Vortex.
:)

angie