PDA

View Full Version : Plywood/glass tank finished

dirk50merc
06-21-2005, 10:59 AM
:D
Ok to start with major technical kudos to scott AKA wall-o-fish great information on tank building follow it to a "t" and that goes for using 2 people, I did mine with no help not suggested. If you are interested in the technical information refer to forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=28487

As many of you know the tank started plans for a 180, I quickly realized a 210 uses the same raw materials, you can do a 250 with the same demensions, I used the extra foot to construct a cabinet for my filters etc. The only deviance from scott's original plans was an exterior coat of clear aquatic paint to protect the wood inside and out.

One problem I am experiancing is excessive cloudiness, If you think of using sand as substrate rinse COMPLETELY can be very messy I found. I have drain the tank twice, that alot of water in a week and have been filtering through two Magnum canisters. It's much clearer but still very cloudy any suggestions?

[IMG]

dirk50merc
06-21-2005, 11:05 AM
another shoot in the dark really cloudy :( [IMG]

dirk50merc
06-21-2005, 11:07 AM
quick referance above shoot 55 gallon reflected in glass

Future tank residents :D :D [IMG]

dirk50merc
06-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Another shoot :D :D [IMG]

dirk50merc
06-21-2005, 11:11 AM
obviously different fish opps

[IMG]

amiroo8407
07-16-2005, 10:33 AM
hi
I had this problem in my 46gal tank when I was keeping arowana.
I rins the gravel with boilingwater then put it in the tank,the gravel was from sea side,when fill the tank it seems like it is foggy in the tank .that time I hade 2 under gravel filters and 1 internal filter with a big air ston ,
i wait 2 days but there is no chang ,i had a big sea shell and thought maibe for that and put it out.but after 1 day there is still no chang.
so turn the internal filter and air ston off and turn the under gravel filter high as it can be.
tomorrow mornin the water was like the tears ,
I still have that gravels and everytime I have any chang in my tank and must to unload the tank ,the problem is still,so befor turn on the air ston and the internal filter put unther gravel filter to high for 4 to 5 h,

amiroo8407
07-16-2005, 10:41 AM
hi
I had this problem in my 46gal tank when I was keeping arowana.
I rins the gravel with boilingwater then put it in the tank,the gravel was from sea side,when fill the tank it seems like it is foggy in the tank .that time I hade 2 under gravel filters and 1 internal filter with a big air ston ,
i wait 2 days but there is no chang ,i had a big sea shell and thought maibe for that and put it out.but after 1 day there is still no chang.
so turn the internal filter and air ston off and turn the under gravel filter high as it can be.
tomorrow mornin the water was like the tears ,
I still have that gravels and everytime I have any chang in my tank and must to unload the tank ,the problem is still,so befor turn on the air ston and the internal filter put unther gravel filter to high for 4 to 5 h,

ShinShin
07-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Beautiful job. Looks great. Hope your discus do well, and the cloudiness settles out quickly.

dirk50merc
07-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the input cloudiness under comtrol now :D I kind of let this thread die check out more recent pictures w/ fish in their new home they couldn't be happier http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=44209

Thanks again for all the input, Dirk