PDA

View Full Version : perfecto tanks

grelot
10-21-2005, 02:24 PM
are perfecto tanks all made of tempered glass or is it just the bottom?
I was wondering if we could drill them on the side.
Remi

Mughal
10-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Don't drill them anywhere! They put the sticker on the bottom because they figure you on't waste the energy to pull it off, if they put it on the sides you would have taken it off long ago. Anyhow, hope you didn't already do it and ruin your tank. (btw you can make holes in the tank, you just can NOT drill it, if you took it to the machine shop at your local university they could probably laser a disc out of it for pretty cheap)

Barb Newell
10-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Mine are all drilled on the sides, 3" in and 3" up. They're great. I have 25's, 75's, 125's... best tanks I've ever had.

Can't drill the bottom because it's tempered glass.

Barb

grelot
10-23-2005, 07:43 PM
and your tanks are perfecto tanks Barb???
by the way I sent you a PM Barb.

Jason
10-23-2005, 08:45 PM
most perfecto tanks are not tempered on 5 panes, there used to be an online chart but thats gone, if you have one with a tempered bottom knock it with your knuckles then knock a side the sound the tempered piece makes will be distinctivly different then the non-tempered panes.

Barb Newell
10-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Remi, sorry I missed your PM, just replied :)

I'm 99% sure my tanks are perfecto, the bottom is tempered but the sides are not. I get them pre-drilled before I buy them, so when I pick the tank up it's already drilled by the supplier.

Barb

ronrca
10-24-2005, 10:44 AM
As fas as I know, most larger tanks do not use tempered glass on the sides for the obvious reasons. Only the bottom is tempered especially with a sticker stating this. I had a problem when I took my 2 65Gs in to be drilled on the side. They first refused because they saw the sticker. I told them that only the bottom was tempered and that they go ahead with drilling. Of course they quickly made sure that they would not cover the cost if it were to break.