PDA

View Full Version : My "first-half" fishroom, done!

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 05:59 AM
Hi all - I have just finished the 1st half of my new fishroom in my garage and would like to share them with you fine people here. I totally love those PVC piping and the best thing is they are so cheap ($1.50 per 10 feet!) and you can cut to whatever size you see fit. Life is sooooooooo much easier now that WC are "semi-automatic" (I still have to turn the switch, anyone? :-) )

I would like to say that if I can build a fishroom on a median scale, I honestly believe many of you discus lovers can as well. (it's really not as difficult as I thought it would be) Initially, other than PVCs I really don't have much experience/knowledge as to where I should start. But by asking friends(construction field), workers from places like HomeDepot, and most of all - most of the members & experts here at SimplyDiscus.com, I was able to build a fishroom that I can honestly say that I am quite satisfied with. I want to sincerely thank all here that have given me a tip or 2 about the building of this fish room.

If I can be of any help to anyone who might have questions regarding how a fishroom can be built (I have to admit that I am no expert, but what I've learned from this project and from others' opinion), anyone is more than welcome to PM me or ask me on this thread. It's about time I need to contribute to simplydiscus.com and the discus hobby! (Thanks, Mikscus :-) )

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:01 AM
The first stand which has about 12 tanks. Again I LOVE those pvc piping!!! :-)

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:05 AM
a Snowfire x Snow White pair currently taking care of their fries...

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:10 AM
another look at them. It's about time I need to separate them. Guess I'm a bit lazy :-0 (and forgive me for the dirty tank as I promise to clean it up after their separation!)

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Juveniles grow-out tanks - all 55gs (they grow super fast!!!)

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:14 AM
the 2.5" green whites...my pride and joy.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:18 AM
an even closer look.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:20 AM
currently working on these scarlets and cloud leopards...

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:25 AM
closer look of the scarlet.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:26 AM
closer look of the cloud leopard.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:29 AM
some non-pigeon based yellow-whites...they are only juveniles so I am not counting on them much as this point! :-)

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:30 AM
a closer look.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:35 AM
a Red White x BD pair that would not stop laying. Hiding most of the babies from my camera. BTW this is their 7th batch already and I will give them a rest soon.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:40 AM
the same pair from above taken a few months ago.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:43 AM
breeders' tanks of the 1st stand. I am just using a cheap ceiling lights for the 29gs and add a dimmer to it so that I could adjust the brightness of the lamps. It seems to work wonders for me! (especially those nights with eggs)

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:45 AM
a 2nd "compact" stand for breeders and babies (discus, german blue rams, albino angelfish, ...) It's not finished yet as I'm waiting for a piston pump and filters/accessories to arrive in a couple days.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:47 AM
a LSS x BSS pair.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:48 AM
a BSS x Ocean Green pair.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:50 AM
The albino Angelfish pair. These guys just will not stop breeding!!! I love their "rabbit" eyes.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:51 AM
their babies.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:54 AM
some 10gs for german blue rams breeders. I have had a love for these little guys but of course Discus are always my first love! :-p (for 26 yrs to be exact)!

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 06:57 AM
just want to share this photo with u guys - see how big the belly of the little Blue Turk is on the left? Don't worry my little friend, EPSOM SALT is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 07:04 AM
the breeding tanks on the 2nd stand.

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 07:15 AM
a 3rd stand that's been built & painted but no piping yet. It's being occupied by household goods right now. Need to put tanks, PVCs and drainage onto it soon...

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Again, I thank you all for reading this and if anyone needs any help/info on anything I know, you are very, very welcome to contact me. Take care for now everyone. Kenny

CAGE-RATTLER
11-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Nice job ......... It all looks great and so do all your fish.

Those rams look great too. How big do they get? and can they go in with discus?

I too want to try some breeding eventually and i'll definately keep you in mind for some tips and info.

I do have one question tho .................. I was wondering for those that use straight tap water to do WC's instead of aging water ........... how do you get the temps correct?
Im assuming just holding the thermometer under the water before filling ................ but if you have alot to fill ....... the hot water will cool after awhile right?

So how do you maintain the correct temps when filling?

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Thank you Cage-Rattler.

The rams will not grow to be too big, only about 2"-2.5" max when mature. If the rams are mature and they want to breed, it'll definitely be a no-no to add them to a discus tank. During their breeding times they don't really care if you are 10 times the size of theirs and they will do anything to protect their eggs/babies. Otherwise I personally think it'll be OK. (I myself have a pair of rams with other discus in a 55g and they seem to just ignore each other, again, provided they are not ready to breed yet.)

Yes the hot water will cool down and your heater will automatically adjust for it after a while. I believe if it's only a couple degrees difference you shouldn't have to worry about it. Of course you want it to be exact but filling straight from the tap will be difficult to match them exactly. After doing hundreds, if not thousands of WC :-) you should get a pretty good feel of how warm the water is in your tank. Try to match it with the feel from the tap (prior to filling it) if you have to go that route (straight from the tap). Hopefully your city's water department does not use chloramine in your water supply or else it'll be very devastating to your discus. Kenny.

ronrca
11-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Very nice Kenny! Good job and thanks for sharing. Perhaps you can go into details on how your setup works like your wc's draining, filling, vacuuming, how automation works, etc. I envy you with your fry. I hope that I can see the same results on my adults soon. Your discus are incredible!

DarkDiscus
11-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Kenny,

Well done! The setups look great and the fish all seem very healthy and breeding like crazy!

Hopefully having less work will mean more fish for you!

Good luck!

John

White Worm
11-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I was there and yes, you all are very correct!! Kenny has a great setup, clean and efficient. His discus are pigs too, they see the food in your hand and here they all come like pirrahnas. Nice color and shape. Kenny will be a great addition to the breeders team. He cares about these discus and is not out to make huge profits. Nothing wrong with making some money back for power bills and WC's. I am purchasing one of his breeder pairs. I am preparing a tank right now for them. Also I am enjoying the 5 discus I received from him on my vist last saturday (thanks Kenny, will send pics soon, they are doing great!). Just met him and I feel we have been friends for years. Great guy, nice personality and great with the fish. I have decided to setup something in the garage now (finally got the wife approval)and he has already told me that he would come over and help set it up. He will be shipping soon so get ready for some quality discus to hit the market. Of course, I am closer so I will beat you all to the best picks. :D :D I'll be seeing you soon kenny, thanks again. I look forward to seeing all the tanks up and running and full of discus! Mike

sean13
11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Nice discus.lots of babies,I wish i had room for that many fish.

Sean

Kenny's Discus
11-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Thank you Ronrca, Darkdiscus, Milkscus, Sean13 and everyone else - and Yes Sir Ron, I will go into detail about my daily WC rountine, filling, draining, automation, etc... maybe later on tonight.(hey gotta make dinner for the family first, right? :-) ) I will take some more pics of the equipment tonight/tomo and describe them in more details.

Hey Ron, since I have quite a lot of babies at this time, if I happen to see any "heartshaped discus" I will personally deliver them to you? :-0

Take good care pals. See you guys in a bit, Kenny.

CAGE-RATTLER
11-15-2005, 12:35 AM
I was curious about the 3 open pipes at the bottom with ball valves facing up. Looks like that may be what you use to syphon and drain with?

I couldnt see any drains in the tank and what looks to be just filler pipes to each.

So are you draining each manually and then fill back all at once?

Kenny's Discus
11-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Yes I didn't create any drilled holes in the tanks since I want to be able to siphon the fish waste out manually to the drain pipes - because most of the time the fish waste are scattered everywhere and it'll be difficult to get them (waste) all using an automatic setup.

The ball-valves on the drain pipes are not really necessary, but in case if I have to flush the pipes in the future, they'lll prevent water from flowing backwards and spilling onto the floor.

I am sure others will have a more "modern/advanced" setup and I am still learning more everyday as I work on the rest of my fishroom.

Kenny

CAGE-RATTLER
11-15-2005, 01:22 AM
I certainly dont know much about it but couldnt you have pipes going in thru the top to use as gravity fed drains (no drilling required) and then once you syphon the debri from the bottom ......... just use the gravity fed drains to drain the remaining water?

That way once the water level reached the bottom of the pipe opening it wouldnt drain any farther. Actually you may need to connect a pump to do it that way since you would suck air once below the level of the pipe opening.

Could just shut off the valve to each as they got near the bottom tho to not interupt the draining by sucking air therefore not needing a pump.

In fact the drain pipe coming from the top could go all the way to the bottom which would allow for complete draining or any pecentage you wanted by just shutting off the valve when at the proper point.

Like i said .... im certainly not a plummer but it sounds logical to me ... lol.

Now that i think about it ........ you could probably use the same pipe for drain and fill by running another line off the main line and just turn off the drain valve when filling and the fill valve when draining.

WOW .... my head hurts now .......... lol ......... im thinking to much and i hope that made sense.

Kenny's Discus
11-15-2005, 02:06 AM
It certainly could work but I believe everyone has his/her owns needs and preference. (not being antagonistic here) What I am trying to say is that first of all I didn't want this fishroom to be a "central" type of system because as many of you know, discus are quite prone to diseases from other tanks. And if I were to use the fill pipes as drain pipes as well then this would become somewhat of a "central" system (not the filtering of course).

I was once told by a LFS owner that when he was building pipes he forgot to install a backflow preventer onto the system. One day when he's done filling 1 of his top level tanks that has some heavy slime produced by some sick discus, he forgot to turn back the ball-valve switch. (maybe running out of water in the storage tank b4 the targeted tank was fully filled I guess?) Water from that tank flowed back into the storage tank and all the filling pipes. A few days later he started noticing similar "slimes" in many, if not all, of his tanks. This is one of the reasons why I didn't want to use the fill pipes as drain pipes (not because it requires a pump though) as I want them to stay as "individual" tanks. Again, it's just my preference and I have nothing against the use of any other designs. It's all good!

Thanks, Kenny

David_Hui
11-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Kenny,

Nice set up, do you have any Ram for sale still?

David

Kenny's Discus
11-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Hi Dave - It's been a while huh? How are you? I've just put the rams back into their individual tanks and they are breeding like crazy. If you want breeding pair(s) you could come get them, no problem friend. Kenny

CAGE-RATTLER
11-15-2005, 03:18 AM
It certainly could work but I believe everyone has his/her owns needs and preference. (not being antagonistic here) What I am trying to say is that first of all I didn't want this fishroom to be a "central" type of system because as many of you know, discus are quite prone to diseases from other tanks. And if I were to use the fill pipes as drain pipes as well then this would become somewhat of a "central" system (not the filtering of course).

I was once told by a LFS owner that when he was building pipes he forgot to install a backflow preventer onto the system. One day when he's done filling 1 of his top level tanks that has some heavy slime produced by some sick discus, he forgot to turn back the ball-valve switch. (maybe running out of water in the storage tank b4 the targeted tank was fully filled I guess?) Water from that tank flowed back into the storage tank and all the filling pipes. A few days later he started noticing similar "slimes" in many, if not all, of his tanks. This is one of the reasons why I didn't want to use the fill pipes as drain pipes (not because it requires a pump though) as I want them to stay as "individual" tanks. Again, it's just my preference and I have nothing against the use of any other designs. It's all good!

Thanks, Kenny

No offense taken at all and i certainly wasnt trying to tell you how to do it. I know everyone has different reasons for different types of setups.

I was just brainstorming a bit thinking of different ways of doing it for myself when the time comes.

I actually did a little drwing with the idea and i'll post it in another thread so i can get feedback for pro's and cons for that type of setup and then alter it after hearing every ones opinions.

Your opinion about not haveing a common drain is certainly a good one and definately worth considering. Thanx

Kenny's Discus
11-15-2005, 04:52 AM
None taken here as well, Cage. I thank you for your input and good luck on your future fishroom.

Kenny.

Condor
11-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Wow very nice Kenny. Love the rams :thumbsup:

Adrian

Kenny's Discus
11-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks Adrian - yes these little rams are fun to watch. I just have 1 problem with these little guys when they are breeding - they will literally come at you "full force" if you put anything, I said again, ANYTHING into the tank! I remember once when I was doing water change and the female was guarding the eggs while the male come at the siphon hose with everything this little guy got. He almost got sucked up into the hose and he still wouldn't let go! I feel so bad that from that time on, I will either reduce the # of WCs or be very careful (don't get too close to the eggs) when they are breeding. Just wanna share this with you guys.

When they aren't breeding, I think they are actually quite peaceful . (just like discus in a way because they are all part of the cichlid family?) :-)

Thanks all,

Kenny.

jim_shedden
11-15-2005, 11:55 PM
very nice Kenny................what is the substrate that the fish are spawing on?

Jim

Kenny's Discus
11-16-2005, 12:36 AM
A piece of brick from homedepot. Last time I checked it was 50 cents a piece? :-)

Thank you Jim.

Kenny.

Condor
11-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks Adrian - yes these little rams are fun to watch. I just have 1 problem with these little guys when they are breeding - they will literally come at you "full force" if you put anything, I said again, ANYTHING into the tank! I remember once when I was doing water change and the female was guarding the eggs while the male come at the siphon hose with everything this little guy got. He almost got sucked up into the hose and he still wouldn't let go! I feel so bad that from that time on, I will either reduce the # of WCs or be very careful (don't get too close to the eggs) when they are breeding. Just wanna share this with you guys.

When they aren't breeding, I think they are actually quite peaceful . (just like discus in a way because they are all part of the cichlid family?) :-)

Thanks all,

Kenny.

Sounds like they are very good parents. I think rams get a bad rap for parenting skills as I think that they are great parents. Do you have any particular methods of cleaning fry tanks without sucking up the fry?

american breeder
11-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi all - I have just finished the 1st half of my new fishroom in my garage and would like to share them with you fine people here. I totally love those PVC piping and the best thing is they are so cheap ($1.50 per 10 feet!) and you can cut to whatever size you see fit. Life is sooooooooo much easier now that WC are "semi-automatic" (I still have to turn the switch, anyone? :-) )

I would like to say that if I can build a fishroom on a median scale, I honestly believe many of you discus lovers can as well. (it's really not as difficult as I thought it would be) Initially, other than PVCs I really don't have much experience/knowledge as to where I should start. But by asking friends(construction field), workers from places like HomeDepot, and most of all - most of the members & experts here at SimplyDiscus.com, I was able to build a fishroom that I can honestly say that I am quite satisfied with. I want to sincerely thank all here that have given me a tip or 2 about the building of this fish room.

If I can be of any help to anyone who might have questions regarding how a fishroom can be built (I have to admit that I am no expert, but what I've learned from this project and from others' opinion), anyone is more than welcome to PM me or ask me on this thread. It's about time I need to contribute to simplydiscus.com and the discus hobby! (Thanks, Mikscus :-) )

Kenny
great job Kenny

fish look real good...

be well
AB

Kenny's Discus
11-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Thank you AB. I know this fishroom wasn't "professionally built" but I do like it a lot. My back would have been "broken" long ago if I had to do WCs with buckets for so many tanks, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again, Kenny.

Breadhead
12-05-2005, 01:26 AM
First of all... great setup! Couple questions though:

What kind of water storage do you have? How do you process your water? Filtration? How many steps does it take for you do do a WC?

Kenny's Discus
12-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Currently I just use rubbermaids to stablize the ph as I'm waiting for a 250g reatangular tall storage tank to arrive. I use Prime also since my water contains Chloramines. I also use 2 big air pumps(one for each stand) to power all the sponge filters in my tanks.

Regarding WC's, I first start siphoning the waste from all the tanks to the draining pipes, and then open the fill pipes (pvc) to fill back fresh water that's been stored/conditioned. As I said earlier it's not the most "modern" type of design but nonetheless it has helped me tremendously with so many tanks.

Thanks,

Kenny

Jarrod
12-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Wow Kenny awesome job you did bud!!...I love your setup like that. Wish I was closer so I could come and see it and drool all over your floor LOL...over the floor drain of course..:D Hell of a great job!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Jarrod

Kenny's Discus
12-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Hello Jarrod - thank you. How's everything? Since you live in Oregon(like 10 hrs driving from here) you can drop by whenever you're around. BTW the floor drain is already RESERVED as of this moment :-0 but as you can see in my post there are still drainage openings if you know what I mean..........(j/k)

Take care friend and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year too!

Kenny

Jarrod
12-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Well Ken if I am ever down that way you can bet your bottom dollar I'll look you up...things are goin ok up here...be better if I could ever get my 55...lol...and I DO know what ya mean about the floor drain too!...ROFL...So Kenny you got a website set up or are you gonna put one up?...Have a great day!

Jarrod

korbi_doc
12-28-2005, 10:43 AM
:D WOW!! Kenny, nice job & beautiful fish... hope I can set-up a smaller version when I move to Tn in the next few months. Have the "fishroom" but not the ingredients yet, lol..... happy new year, Dottie :balloon:

Kenny's Discus
12-29-2005, 01:18 AM
Hi Dottie - thank you & Happy Near Year to you and yours too! It'll be my pleasure to help you with anything that I know(limited lol), and I might even be able to help you with the "ingredients" when I get the shipping set up!

Take care Dottie

Regards,
Kenny

Greg Richardson
12-29-2005, 01:42 AM
Very nice fish and set up.
What kind of racks are those?
Did you buy them?
Make them?

Kenny's Discus
12-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Thanks Greg - I made those stands using 2x4's from Home Depot.

Thanks again
Kenny

Timbo
12-29-2005, 02:05 AM
wow! that is alot of people's goal here too, maybe on a smaller scale for sure...that place looks like even the routine stuff would be fun. Great looking fish too!

continued success to you loverboy! cheers!
Tim

Greg Richardson
12-29-2005, 02:32 AM
Nice job on stands.

Kenny's Discus
12-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Again thank you Tim & Greg. I will post more pics of the fishroom when possible. Take care guys!

Regards,
Kenny

CAGE-RATTLER
12-29-2005, 07:57 AM
That whole setup is fantastic ................ I can only hope to have something half as good when im setup.

And Kenny .............. I appreciate all your help you've been giving me.

Your the kind of people that make SIMPLY not just a fish forum ............ but a community and a great one at that!!

Thanx bud!

and i want to thank Mikscus also for hooking me up with you.

Kenny's Discus
12-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Rick - I'm at a loss for words here...I thank you for your kind words.

Remember it'll be my pleasure to help you with anything I know (very limited lol) when you're ready to build your future fishroom. I do think Ronrca is the fishroom specialist here and he even has a timer setup in his!

Thanks again Rick. Take care

regards,
Kenny

simon.browm403
01-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Wow truly a stuning setup and some stunning fish, very tidy apart from the family junk lol

Kenny's Discus
01-03-2006, 04:57 AM
Simon - thanks and I also enjoyed watching your "soap"! :-) You are definitely a discus lover as well. Keep up the good work!

Kenny

Rod
01-30-2006, 05:53 AM
Hi Kenny,

Just noticed this thread, very immpressive mate. You have some sweet discus :)

Rod

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks Rod I really appreciate it..

BTW here are some follow-up pics I took recently...would like to share them with all you friends here!

1" German Blue Rams babies.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 09:52 PM
close-up look of the German Blue Rams.....starting to color up just like their parents.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 09:53 PM
4.5" yellow whites. When I first posted them they were only 2.5" so they have grown quite a bit.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 09:56 PM
another shot of the Yellow Whites. And no I haven't fed them colorbits as some say they have turned a bit orange. Still I love their shapes & color tremendously.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I can't get tired of looking at them but maybe you guys are lol.............sorry.

:-)

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:00 PM
The Red Scarlet pair. They've laid 3 times and I've seen wigglers all 3 times but they're still inexperienced. I will definitely be patient lol.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:03 PM
1.5" White Diamond & SnowFire frys. They are very active and healthy.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:04 PM
They always clean up the tank bottom for me like pleco does lol.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:08 PM
3" Cobalt/Blue Turks. Starting to color up too...

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:10 PM
and of course the 3" Green Whites.

bumblebee
02-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Kenny,

Good looking yellow white you have there, and very nice set up too.
You must have put a lots of effort to grow the frys out, how many working pairs you have currently?

Alex

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:12 PM
I have special feeling about this pair of Hi-Fin BDs...future breeders?

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:15 PM
oh my I got these coming out of my ears LOL - Albino Angelfish babies.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:18 PM
some fishroom setup pics I took a while ago but forgot to post them.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Frys tanks.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:21 PM
side view.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:22 PM
artificial breeding setup tanks.

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:23 PM
another look...

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Guess that'll be all for now. Thanks everyone for reading and I hope I didn't bore you guys with them lol. I will take pics of the breeders soon and update on them as well.

Because of some family issues I have yet to finish my last stand/tanks. Since I'll be going to HK probably this March and am looking to visit some good breeders I better get it done soon.

Hope everyone has a nice day and take care all!

Regards,
Kenny

P.S. as I haven't seen the artificial breeding master Cliff online lately I would like to express my most sincere thanks to Cliff for giving me wonderful advice and suggestions to some of my breeding questions in pm. Thanks again Cliff and hopefully I could pay you a visit someday!

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Hi Alex - thank you and yes I really do put a lot of time in my fishroom daily.(4-5 hrs everyday no kidding I'm like their slave in a way lol) Fortunately I really enjoy doing this and I don't get tired looking at them. They are like my own babies lol.

Because of my family situation I had to reduce my daily workload in the fishroom so I let go of a few pairs to some interested hobbyists and simply members here.....to be exact right now I'm working on 5 pairs but I'm seeing more once the others start to pair up.

Take care Alex.

Kenny

sugio
02-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi Kenny,

Great looking fish and fishroom, as usual. Great pictures as well. The rams I got from you are doing great and are beginning to color up as well. The green/whites and the snowfire juvvies have grown quite a bit. I haven't had time to take pictures yet; maybe I will do so over the weekend.

Thanks for sharing the pics and thanks for providing me with an excellent selection of discus :D

Kenny's Discus
02-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi Srini how are you? Thanks for letting me know about them and so glad to hear they're doing fine. Wish you best of luck in raising them up. And yes the rams are starting to color up too and looking just like their parents.

Keep in touch and take care my friend.
Kenny

Jarrod
02-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Hey there Kenny!....you got it goin on there my friend lol...looks great and fish look great too!...oh btw we got forst part of my fish room stand built yesterday...still have to finish it but got some pics of the initial setup...hope mine turns out nice as yous!

Kenny's Discus
02-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Hi Jarrod - thanks but mine's actually just a simple setup. I'm sure when yours is built you'll have no problem surpassing mine. :-) Best of luck as always and don't forget to put pics up here for everyone to see pal!

Take care Jarrod.

Kenny

Jarrod
02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi Jarrod - thanks but mine's actually just a simple setup. I'm sure when yours is built you'll have no problem surpassing mine. :-) Best of luck as always and don't forget to put pics up here for everyone to share pal!

Take care Jarrod.

Kenny

No Kenny....not even gonna try and surpass your setup my friend...lol...just gonna be maybe 4-5 tanks is all....the stand my son and my wife built for me is strong enough to hold an elephant..lol..I've got room enough in here for like 9 tanks on it..but not gonna go that crazy I don't think (notice I said think LMAO)..I may wind up trying to score another 55 along with the 29-40's that I want lol..but gotta get rest of stand finished first and thats gonna be another week or so...but when I get stand done I'll get the pics posted of it from beginning to end...lol...call it evolution of stand :D

Kenny's Discus
02-04-2006, 07:29 PM
lol..I've got room enough in here for like 9 tanks on it..but not gonna go that crazy I don't think (notice I said think LMAO)..

Jarrod - trust me you will be "crazy" whether you want it or not lol. It's just a matter of when.

Again good luck to you and yours.

Kenny

Mustang65
02-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Hi kenny

Very nice Fishes you have, I love the Pictures
I still have the Fryes I got from You, they are leaving happy and growing too.
I will send you some pictures soon.

I am still not recovering from the lost of my Fish, it was bad. That what happen when you care too much.

anyway, I posted a message just to say Hi

Kenny's Discus
02-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Hi Joe - nice seeing you and thanks for dropping by. It's been what 2-3 months since you last took those pigeons right and I bet they've grown bigger?

Joe I think we've all lost fish here and there during our discus journey. Don't feel too sad but apply your painful experience to your current/future raising techniques, so that you can at least minimize that from happening again.

I wish you the best and let's grow those pigeons out and get some pairs alright Joe?

Take care friend,

Kenny

Ardan
02-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi Kenny,
Great fishroom!!:)
And some really nice looking fish:) Looks like a nice setup to help make the chores easier for you.

Ardan

Kenny's Discus
02-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks Ardan. Yes I think in a way the fishrom has reduced my daily working hours from like 24 to about 4-5 lol. I'm still working to get the number lower if you know what I mean lol.

Take care Ardan lol.

Kenny

jim_shedden
02-06-2006, 12:52 PM
This is a great fishroom.............thanks for the pictures and info.

jim

Gold Mt Discus
02-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Kenny,
Very nice fish room. Please come and take photos for me. hahaha
Nice talking with you on the phone.
I am looking forward to seeing some of your rams. Thank you for your generosity.

Respectfully,

Kenny's Discus
02-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks for your kind words Frank and it was nice talking to you on the phone too. A true gentlemen in every ways. The rams are nothing compared to what you have done to other simply members here...and I know they'll be in good hands.

BTW I just use a Canon SD series digital camera for all my fish pics needs.

Take care friend,

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
02-28-2006, 04:29 PM
I will be putting the remaining tanks on my last stand(at least for now) and install fill pipes and drainage this week and next week. I have finally pulled myself together to get this done prior to the departure of my trip lol.

Finally took out all the "family junk" as some might put it lol...except for the bottle of praziquantal and sponge.

Kenny's Discus
02-28-2006, 04:30 PM
More tanks. Some 55gs, 29gs and "family junk". LOL

White Worm
02-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Where are those pics of the new fish Kenny?

Jarrod
02-28-2006, 07:19 PM
WOW Kenny!!!...one hell of an ambitious project..but somehow I just know you will make it all awesome!..cant wait to see the pics of it under construction as well as the finished room...and btw you are another Canon user...I used the old F1 when I shot film..talk about going the way of the dinosaur...lol..looking good tho my friend!
Jarrod

04cobratorchred
03-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Hey Kenny, great set up you have there very nice looking fish. one of the best rooms i have seen.

mench
03-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Hi Kenny,your room is exactaly like mine...I do the same thing with my piping,just use it for draining..I used to use it for filling also,but stopped that when the fish started getting sick....haven't used it for filling in years...I was thinking or running new pvc line for filling but haven't gotten around to it.
Looks like you have done a great job with your breeders,I am still trying to get mine going,,I had a problem with a sickness a few years ago and I think my breeders got sterilized with the meds...all my fish are healthy now but none of them are laying eggs.I have new fish that are growing up so we will try it again.
Again,nice set up,I have drilled covers on my lines to keep my plecos fron getting up the pvc.

Mench

Jarrod
03-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Mench...you've got a nice looking setup too!!...I'm sorta jealous of you and Kenny both...LOL...but as much as I'd love to go to something like that I think (and so does my wife :D ) that I have enough on my plate now as it is..but hey never hurts to dream and wish I guess...lol...great looking setup tho!
Congrats on a good job.
Jarrod

Kenny's Discus
03-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Thank you Jarrod, 04cobratorchred and Mench.

BTW Mench I only use my pvcs to fill, as opposed to only drain like yours. I hope your breeders will be picking up the slack soon but regardless at least you have some new fish growing and wish you'll soon get some pairs out of them. I wish you tons of luck!

Take care all.
Kenny

alpine
03-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Menh , in picture #103 at the end of the Hallway those two huge fish .. That is a poster, right ??

roberto.

Stillwater Aquatics
04-02-2006, 01:20 AM
hehe kinda big aren't they =)

take a closer look just below it and you'll see a car, hoping thats a poster too :D

Kenny's Discus
04-02-2006, 03:24 PM
keke Roberto and Jon - I was wondering about that myself too...LOL

I'll say they are for real though...look like some 15" discus...a guinness record that's for sure!

:-)

Kenny

lado
04-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Awesome tread loverboy, enjoyed it very much.Trying to breed german ram myself, do you separate fry from parents and if so what do you feed them.Is it possible to keep fry’s from different batches (couple weeks) together.

Kenny's Discus
04-03-2006, 03:56 AM
Hi lado - many thanks to your kind words. In regards to the rams once they are done laying and fertilizing I will remove the substrate(s) where their eggs were laid on, be it a small piece of tile or brick, and breed them artificially.

In a perfect world I'd put each batch in their own tank but we all know our world is not that perfect...LOL I sometimes do mix different batches together due to shortage of tanks but they have to be either the previous or the next in order to minimize the size differences. I have had no problem doing that so far.

Hope this helps friend.

Take care,
Kenny

MiamiDan
04-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi Kenny...just trying to learn some. Question: why do your fill pipes go about halfway into the tanks? Any reason why they just won't hoop over the top and splash(aireate) some? I like your idea of keeping your system non-central, but I still like automation. If you don't want to drill your tanks, you might like to try outside overflow boxes. I've seen some types that don't loose their syphon. So ...imagine, a timer pumps water from your reservoir to all tanks. All the overflows connected by gravity to your drain pipes. Of course, this won't clean your bottoms, but I use corydoras & apple snails to help me with housekeeping. They are doing such a great job, that I only need to clean once or twice a week. Nice setup! Dan

Kenny's Discus
04-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi Dan - you saw the fill pipes were halfway into the tank because at the time I was too lazy to have them cut(just finished setting up everything at the time)...lol...they are high up on the top now.

Thanks for your ideas. I'll look into using them when I'm making changes to my setup in the future. Thanks again.

Kenny

No more "halfway pipes" LOL

Kenny's Discus
04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Tank of fish on the far right...

Kenny's Discus
04-04-2006, 09:04 AM
a bit off-topic...WDs for George and Linda to see. They are about 1.5".

Kenny's Discus
04-04-2006, 09:06 AM
their older cousin...about 3" in size. On the lower right hand corner are those of the 1.5". Bigger brother seemed to be more brave and less camera-shy...

Kenny's Discus
04-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Last pic of the 3" WDs.

Jarrod
04-04-2006, 11:51 AM
WOW Kenny!!...awesome pics my friend...and thank you for the pics of the WD's I showed them to Linda and she loved them too! all the pics are fantastic! Thanks for sharing.:bandana:
George (aka Jarrod)

White Worm
04-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Kenny...My little WD's are doing great. Lost one of the 4 angels though. I was cleaning prefilter and came back to one missing angel and my HOB not working very well. He got sucked into intake tube. Note to self....turn off power when cleaning prefilter. I think they are too big now to get sucked in. The angels grow very quick and they are pretty fast when it comes to feeding time. They move like lightning. Everyone gets plenty though, there is never a shortage of food for my fish. I have eggs again from my blue turq / cobalt pair. He is still shooting blanks though so white eggs every time so far. He sure protects those eggs though. He is not an eater. Good dad, just cant wait till he is fertile. Welcome home Kenny.

Kenny's Discus
04-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Jarrod - you're so welcome! Glad you like them!

Mike - I could put aside some more albino angels(my last batch) for you to pick up later...and at no cost to you of course.(I told you you should have gotten more of them last time if you're looking for a matting pair remember?)

Kenny

White Worm
04-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I know, I know. :D I'm not to worried or concentrating on breeding the angels. If it happens ok, but I have other fish to concentrate on. ;) I got them just because they looked wierd but cool. :alien: Thanks again. Yeah, the price is sure right and you always have loads of those little angels! I'm over-stocked right now as it is so I will not be getting any more fish till maybe summer unless your scarlets ever decide to make some fry. I will then be trading off some adults for some youth. Kenny...Do you know anyone that wants to buy some subs at a good price. I wont sell them for alot but I am looking to get some different colors instead of the dominant blue that I have now. I have about 4 Blue Turqs that I wouldnt mind selling because I have too much blue and they are taking up lots of room and eating like horses? Know anyone local?

GulfCoastDiscus
04-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Nice job. Looks great.

dan

diskboy
04-11-2006, 05:05 PM
if my mom would let me i would do this to my upstairs in the new house we are getting (im not moving away just putting the new house in front of the old one) but i dout mom would agree lol :D your doing a great job

Kenny's Discus
04-28-2006, 04:46 PM
finally put together all the tanks and pvc piping on my last stand with whatever spare time I had...

White Worm
04-28-2006, 04:58 PM
I dont see anything moving around in there? Wheres the new inhabitants? Sunrise this weekend?

fishnfst
04-30-2006, 09:38 PM
That pic is from two weeks ago.. :) I know I wouldn't be able to wait to put fish in there ;)

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks Dan and Diskboy.

A few updated pics of some of the fish in my tanks.

#1a Millenium Gold

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:14 PM
#1b Millenium Gold

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
#2a White Buttleflies

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:17 PM
#2b White Buttleflies

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:20 PM
#3a LSSs (selected grade)

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:23 PM
#3b LSSs (selected grade)

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:26 PM
#3c LSSs (selected grade)

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:28 PM
#4 Leopard

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:29 PM
#4 Albino

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:31 PM
#5 Blue Diamond(2")

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:35 PM
#6a Leopard Bulldogs

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:37 PM
#6b Cobalt Blue & BD Bulldogs

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:41 PM
#7 Mike's MG replacement. You come get it NOW lol! (not the WBs)

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 09:45 PM
#8 Leopard again.

I'll put up more updated pics when I get a chance, thanks all for looking!

Kenny

Kindredspirit
08-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I want a Millennium Gold ~ Just one ~ all growed up please ~ round and fat ~ Or ......a White Butterfly ~ all growed up too~ I can not do wc everyday and if I get babies ya gotta get six.....So.....goin to Plan B here;)
Is that totally impossible? Well ~ one can only dream ~ Probably couldnt afford it anyways! lol!

They all look so nice Kenny! You must be very proud:)

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_134.gif

traco
08-08-2006, 10:49 PM
I shall like to put in a fantasy order for white butterflies and the millenium golds.:) Kenny, beautiful fish you have. A lot of work but it shows in the photos of the love, care and tons of water changes you do.

And Marie, I dare ya to go to Kenny's house and walk out his door without a new fish! Betcha you can't do it.;)

Sue50
08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Awesome fish room and fish to!! I love the LSS and white butterfly!! Thanks for sharing!!
Sue

Kindredspirit
08-08-2006, 11:11 PM
And Marie, I dare ya to go to Kenny's house and walk out his door without a new fish! Betcha you can't do it.;)

Something tells me you may be right;)

CAGE-RATTLER
08-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Hello again kenny .............. Hope all is well with you and your family!

Those Golds, leopards & bulldags look great!!

You shipping yet??

White Worm
08-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah, thats mine mine mine.

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 11:55 PM
I want a Millennium Gold ~ Just one ~ all growed up please ~ round and fat ~ Or ......a White Butterfly ~ all growed up too~ I can not do wc everyday and if I get babies ya gotta get six.....So.....goin to Plan B here;)
Is that totally impossible? Well ~ one can only dream ~ Probably couldnt afford it anyways! lol!

They all look so nice Kenny! You must be very proud:)

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_134.gif

Thanks Marie my friend. Let me see...your plan B should be...get 8 instead of 6 right?:D :D :D Dreams do come true sometimes...;)

Thanks again Marie.
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 11:58 PM
I shall like to put in a fantasy order for white butterflies and the millenium golds.:) Kenny, beautiful fish you have. A lot of work but it shows in the photos of the love, care and tons of water changes you do.

Hi Barb - thank you and Barb you got good eyes huh? I didn't know how you can tell until I went back over the tank pics and hey...they do look pretty clean huh?:p

Now repeat after me "TOO MUCH WORK! TOO MUCH WORK! TOO MUCH WORK!" :D (We know Marie's gonna have something to say about that LOL)

Thank you Barb.
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
08-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Awesome fish room and fish to!! I love the LSS and white butterfly!! Thanks for sharing!!
Sue

Thanks Sue. Those LSSs and WBs are some of my fav too, but the MGs are not far behind(Mike made me say this sentence:D ) I'm glad you like them.

Thanks Sue.
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
08-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Hello again kenny .............. Hope all is well with you and your family!

Those Golds, leopards & bulldags look great!!

You shipping yet??

Hey buddy Cage...What Sup my friend!!! :p Been a long time!

Thank you for asking Cage...still hanging in there. Best wishes to you and yours too. Last I heard you're starting to breed now yourself right? Best of luck to your pairs/frys!

Take care buddy.
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
08-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Oh yeah, thats mine mine mine.

LOL if I don't see you in like a week Mike it'll be mine mine mine instead.:D (j/k)

Anytime will be just fine friend.

Kenny

Kindredspirit
08-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Dreams do come true sometimes...;)
Kenny

That they do Kenny ~ that they do http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

( my python is leaking again:( )

Darren's Discus
08-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi Kenny fantastic looking fishroom,great fish mate love those lepards.

cheers

Kenny's Discus
08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Thank you truly Darren. I like the spotting of those LSSs also. They're quite pleasing to look at because of their fine spotting pattern.

Thanks,
Kenny

Darren's Discus
08-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Kenny do you sell any of your lss if so what's the chance of shipping to australia i know rod imports fish.

cheers mate

Kenny's Discus
08-18-2006, 06:19 PM
My apology Darren but I don't have the ability to ship fish to Australia.:o Any chance you can get your hands on some from Rod? I've seen Rod's fish here on SD b4 and they looked awesome.

Thank you Darren.
Kenny

Darren's Discus
08-18-2006, 07:02 PM
cheers Kenny mate i am currently in contact with rod he has some new fish in now just no lss.

thanxs

architect1
08-18-2006, 08:46 PM
um um um. I idolize you and your fish room. So many fish and so many colors. I have never seen the albino angels I would love to have some. I also like how many pics you had on hear. Nice job hope to see more.

Kenny's Discus
08-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Thank you architect1 for your kind comments. Definitely not much of an "idol" here...just an addiction that got outta hand.:D

I don't breed any more angels now...these guys would eat you outta your wallet lol. Another thing is the tank space issues as they grow.

Thanks friend.
Kenny

Ed13
08-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Thank you architect1 for your kind comments. Definitely not much of an "idol" here...
Kenny

In due time.....Bow down to Sir Kenny and his magic garage!:D :D :D

Kenny's Discus
08-19-2006, 11:30 PM
In due time.....Bow down to Sir Kenny and his magic garage!:D :D :D

I'm gonna have to "bow" back to you Sir Ed.

:D :D :D

Thank you friend.
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Just to add a few more updated pics here.

I've decided to lessen my daily workload a little because of time constraints...I took out and sold the bottom four 55gs so that I won't be able to put in more fish even if opportuntity arises in the near future.:D I think it can prevent things from getting totally out of control lol.

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 07:50 AM
another mini stand.

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 07:51 AM
this one is mainly for pairs on the top shelf now.

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 07:52 AM
some of my favs.

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 07:55 AM
another one.

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 07:56 AM
yet another.

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 08:18 AM
having a "join venture" with some of my friends' to experiment outcrossing these with my own.

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 08:19 AM
no offense to anyone but I just had to see for myself breeding these.(sry this one is an old pic)

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 08:47 AM
But out of all of my fish; matter of fact out of everything I've ever had, this one is truly my favorite....my personal photographer.(with her loverboy):D :D :D

Thanks all for reading! Take care.
Kenny

Kindredspirit
08-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Kenny can you get a close up on the tank in #162 bottom right? I think....They are so small I want to see them closer:p

Great Pictures of you and your wife! Might be able to get down there next Sat with Tina;)

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_4_51.gif

CliffsDiscus
08-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Kenny,
Looking good keep up the great work.

Cliff

CAGE-RATTLER
08-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Looks like theres room for 75's on the bottom now ..... lol.

Nice to see a face to name of you ... i dont think ive seen your pic before.
You guys make a very nice lookin couple.

The fish pics you posted ...are they RSG or leopards?

Whatever they are i would love to have a tank full of them!!!

Dissident
08-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Everytime I look at your thread Kenny I wonder; When am I going to get some fish from you?

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Kenny can you get a close up on the tank in #162 bottom right? I think....They are so small I want to see them closer:p

Great Pictures of you and your wife! Might be able to get down there next Sat with Tina;)

Man Marie that's too much work for me...but for you, ANYTIME.:D
(sry these pics were taken 1 week ago, I'm lazy ya know)

btw Tina's coming next Sat? I didn't know! Woo Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol You should come too!

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 02:03 PM

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 02:04 PM

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Kenny,
Looking good keep up the great work.

Cliff

Thank you Cliff.

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Looks like theres room for 75's on the bottom now ..... lol.

Nice to see a face to name of you ... i dont think ive seen your pic before.
You guys make a very nice lookin couple.

The fish pics you posted ...are they RSG or leopards?

Whatever they are i would love to have a tank full of them!!!

No way Cage no way. not even a 7.5g! :mad:

Thanks for your kind comments, it's much appreciated!

The 1st one is a Leopard Snakeskin(LSS) my friend.

Thanks again,
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Everytime I look at your thread Kenny I wonder; When am I going to get some fish from you?

Anytime Dissident...we'll work something out...:D Thank you nonetheless friend.

Kenny

Dissident
08-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Anytime Dissident...we'll work something out...:D Thank you nonetheless friend.

Kenny

Once i get 2 more 55gal BB tanks set up you can expect a call :D I already have the fish picked out ;) Figure I will need at least 150gal worth of space when I get something from you LOL.

Again I love your setup. Your fish are just steller too.

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Once i get 2 more 55gal BB tanks set up you can expect a call :D I already have the fish picked out ;) Figure I will need at least 150gal worth of space when I get something from you LOL.

Again I love your setup. Your fish are just steller too.

Thanks again Dis. You can call me anytime just for chat.:)

2 more 55gs? I'm seeing a future fishroom in the works! :D Trust me buddy you can never get enough tanks! Look at how "out of control" it's gotten when intially I only wanted to build a simple stand to house a few tanks!:mad: But it's worth it I think.:p

Take care Dis.
Kenny

Kindredspirit
08-20-2006, 04:34 PM
btw Tina's coming next Sat? I didn't know! Woo Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol You should come too!

That's the plan;) I'm driving;)

But we shall let you know for sure Kenny!

Kindredspirit
08-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Man Marie that's too much work for me...but for you, ANYTIME.:D
(sry these pics were taken 1 week ago, I'm lazy ya know)

I love this picture Kenny! Thank You! How old are they here? Very cool! How big? Not even an inch?

Wow ~

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 04:42 PM
You're welcome Marie. They're about 4 weeks old now ~ 1".(I think) So you'll be coming along with Tina? Sounds good you gals are always welcome in my place. I'm looking forward to it Marie!

Kenny

Kindredspirit
08-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Just so ya know I am so not taking anything home with me Kenny http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_6.gif

Got my two new ones and .........so...........Tina may .....not me!

Now that we are on the same page and all:)

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Just so ya know I am so not taking anything home with me Kenny http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_6.gif

yeah yeah yeah..........I so hear you Marie okay okay okay.:D

same page different page, we'll see.;)

Kenny

Kindredspirit
08-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Funny funny man you are, Sir!

Well just spoke with Tina and we will be there on Saturday around noonish Kenny!

Finally~:D

Kenny's Discus
08-20-2006, 05:18 PM
That's good Marie! Btw Tina will thank you for it since I know how much she hates driving up here LOL(not that there's anything wrong because I hate driving down there too!):D

Drive safe, see you and Tina on Sat! It'll be my pleasure Marie.

Kenny
(I'll stay out of the freeway come this Sat, I heard a rumor about this fine Formula-1 lady..............):D :D :D :D :D

Darren's Discus
08-20-2006, 06:57 PM
thanxs for putting latest pics on your thread never get tired at looking at your great set up and love those lss.

cheers

Kenny's Discus
08-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Thank you Darren. I like those LSSs myself too but my friends and I are looking into getting some GLSSs soon. It should be interesting to put those into the mix. I'll get the camera ready once they are here.:p

Thanks Darren,
Kenny

White Worm
08-21-2006, 02:26 AM

SURE!!!! I thought the same thing and I have a nice RM to go with my MG :D After I left, I thought, I should have got a couple more......;)

Kindredspirit
08-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Kenny
(I'll stay out of the freeway come this Sat, I heard a rumor about this fine Formula-1 lady..............):D :D :D :D :D

hmm.....funny KENNY!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_19_5.gif

That ticket cost me $470.90 ~ imagine opening the mail to a pic of yourself with an amount like that! It was awful:( a week before Christmas?

Oh an btw Kenny Dear...Itz UP to SacTown and DOWN to the City~ got it??? Pet Peeve when people say: "goin up to LA....no no no....itz DOWN to LA....up to RENO....lol!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

M~

Kenny's Discus
08-21-2006, 07:58 AM
hmm.....funny KENNY!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_19_5.gif

That ticket cost me $470.90 ~ imagine opening the mail to a pic of yourself with an amount like that! It was awful:( a week before Christmas?

Oh an btw Kenny Dear...Itz UP to SacTown and DOWN to the City~ got it??? Pet Peeve when people say: "goin up to LA....no no no....itz DOWN to LA....up to RENO....lol!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_4.gif

M~

Yes it was awful so take your time on Sat. btw I'm not going anywhere...:p

So "up yours" & "down mine" am I right? j/k :D man this up down thing is even more complicated than breeding a pair of pure albino! LOL:D

Joking aside Marie when you come I'll have another spawn for you to see. Frys just attached to their parents at day-1. Sould be nice to see it in person!

Kenny

AmberC
08-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh my goodness gracious where in the world have I been that I missed this HUGE thread!!! Wow. Kenny.. as always gorgeous fish! What a great looking "fishroom" and what an adorable picture of you and your wife! You guys are so cute! And since this is the first I have seen a picture of you.. its so wonderful to put a face to a name! I cant wait to meet you both next year at ACA! :D

Amber

Kenny's Discus
08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Thank you for your kind comments Amber. You're coming to the ACA next yr too? Wow it'll be fun for sure! If things work out remember to bring Megan, Christa & your DH too. (In other words THE WHOLE GANG);)

Thanks again Amber,
Kenny

AmberC
08-22-2006, 07:40 PM
remember to bring Megan, Christa & your DH too. (In other words THE WHOLE GANG);)

Thanks again Amber,
Kenny

HAHAHA.. no way! This is MY vacation lol ;) Megan will be 2 and Crista 5 so Brett should have no problems lol ... Key word.. "should"

And np Kenny.. I was just telling it like it is :D

Amber

Kenny's Discus
08-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Amber, be careful of committing copyright infringement there...:D

Thanks,
Kenny

ronrca
08-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Impressive Kenny! Very Impressive! Thanks for the update on the fishroom and the beautiful discus pics!

Kenny's Discus
08-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Thank you for your kind words Ronrca.

Take care,
Kenny

disvegas
08-28-2006, 04:43 AM
Hi Kenny,

Absolutely beautiful fish and in great quality! I am specially amazed with the high fin/boby ones that you have. I wish I lived closer to Daily City so that I can buy some from you when avail.

Collin,

Kenny's Discus
08-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi Kenny,

Absolutely beautiful fish and in great quality! I am specially amazed with the high fin/boby ones that you have. I wish I lived closer to Daily City so that I can buy some from you when avail.

Collin,

Thank you for your kind words Collin, anytime in the near future when you're closeby you'll be more than welcome to drop by! Las Vegas is only like 10 hrs driving distance right?

Take care Collin,
Kenny

Havoc321
08-29-2006, 10:18 PM
#1b Millenium Gold

Love the MG's!

A Question, Is the piping on the front of your tanks for new water? I thought they were drains, but then saw that the middle row seemed to have quite a "lift" to the main line?

Thansk for sharing!

Kenny's Discus
08-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi Kelly - you're most welcome and yes all the pvcs you saw there are fill pipes only.

Take care friend,
Kenny

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Tonight a friend of mine was on his way back from SFO to his home and he called me and said, "it's no good for you to just look at all those empty tanks of yours; I'm bringing you something to look at!" Eventhough I had told him about my mom's situation but he insisted that this would only help me forget about things for a while; on top of that it was so tempting because he just received a new discus shipment.:p

It really did take my mind off of things for the whole night because he's bringing me my favorite Discus! Thank you truly friend.

It's...camera & sharing time! (I also get to test drive the new Multiple Attachments Upload feature too:p )

This scene is always exciting to look at if you know what I mean...

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:10 AM
I know you guys want to look closer...so do I!;) And they don't look too bad even after many hrs in transit...

Millenium Golds still in bags...I love them they're so clean!

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:13 AM
Red Melons. One male(I think it's a he) really stands out from the group because of his "orange" head.

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:16 AM
White Butterflies.

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:19 AM
Ring Leopards. Love those rings.

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:24 AM
Tank-raised Heckles.

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:25 AM
Blue Diamonds.

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:28 AM
Spotted Leopards.

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 05:30 AM
After a night's work...

Thank you all for looking. I'll do my best to update on them in the coming days. Take care all.

Kenny

lhforbes12
09-14-2006, 06:19 AM
Very nice looking fish Kenny. I'm confused, are you just holding them or are they now part of your stock? If they're part of your stock I have a feeling we'll be getting some of those Heckels next year.

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Thanks Larry. Honestly I wish I knew the answer to it but at this point I really don't know(because of my mom's situation). But 1 thing I do know and that is this great friend of mine has always been generous to me...so maybe I should keep a few of those Heckles right Larry?:p (I do think they're a little special as I myself don't see the tank-raised ones too often.)

Again thank you Larry. Take care friend.

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 08:34 AM
btw 1 of my RGD pairs laid eggs the other day but the eggs disappeared(you can see the other pair through the glass)...I doubt the male is fertile yet but we'll see.

Hey Mario my friend you need to send me 1 of your older RGD males:D (j/k)

Kindredspirit
09-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Tonight a friend of mine was on his way back from SFO to his home and he called me and said, "it's no good for you to just look at all those empty tanks of yours; I'm bringing you something to look at!" ...

But things are the way it should be yes? Now ~

Well ~ I miss that fish room:( Is my chair still there?
I want another MG Kenny! I love that fish ~ Tell me tho... I do not see any rings on the leopards....Even Tina kept saying she wanted the one with the rings...the rings....

I see no rings ~ I know I do not have the Ringed one...but nonetheless ~ I am confused:(

I will call ya later:D

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi Marie - you do not have the ring one because I currently do not have Ring LSSs(snakeskin). These you saw here are Ring Leopards, not Ring LSSs. Now that you mentioned it I was told by my friend that he'll have his Ring LSSs soon...

Thank you Marie, the old chair will always be here waiting for you.:) I guess things are indeed the way it should be...to some degree.

Kenny

Kindredspirit
09-14-2006, 11:26 AM
to some degree.

Kenny

Yes....I forgot that part:o

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

lhforbes12
09-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Kenny,
Oh jeeeze, you just HAD to show a piccie of your spotted leopards, didn't you? Now I KNOW Ingrid will want at least one! <grin>

Kindredspirit
09-14-2006, 11:30 AM
at least one! <grin>

No No No.....6....They do better in groups of 6:)

M~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

lhforbes12
09-14-2006, 11:33 AM
No No No.....6....They do better in groups of 6:)

M~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

Marie,
It is no longer your birthday
:::::::::::::fwap::::::::::

q~ Hmmmmmm Hmmmmmmm Hmmm q~

poconogal
09-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Kenny,
Oh jeeeze, you just HAD to show a piccie of your spotted leopards, didn't you? Now I KNOW Ingrid will want at least one! <grin>

Blaming the wife again, are we? Ingrid, do you want a spotted?

I didn't think so. Larry wants one, though :D

lhforbes12
09-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Blaming the wife again, are we? Ingrid, do you want a spotted?

I didn't think so. Larry wants one, though :D

Maybe...

White Worm
09-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Ok.....what sizes are the red melons and heckels. Put me down for 2 each.....see you very soon (maybe this weekend?). Save me the best 2 red melons and 2 of the Heckels. I have always wanted to get some wilds. I thought you were taking a break????? You know I just cannot resist when you get new shipments in :o.

Hey Kenny, I guess all I needed to do was put some pairs in their own tanks. I have 2 pairs right now and they are laying eggs every 7 days or so (no wrigglers yet but I'm being patient). I split a 29g until I get another 20T for the stand. I just vacuum the eggs up after 3-4 days if I dont see any dark ones. I also seperated Romeo and juliet into their own section of the 85g community to see if I could re-kindle the old relationship. Romeo is more than willing (always nudging her) but.....she is playing hard to get. Hope things are as good as they can be with your family! Mike

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi Larry - sry about the spotted Leopard. But good things come in pairs so while I'm at it here's another one for you...:D

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Ok.....what sizes are the red melons and heckels. Put me down for 2 each.....see you very soon (maybe this weekend?). Save me the best 2 red melons and 2 of the Heckels. I have always wanted to get some wilds. I thought you were taking a break????? You know I just cannot resist when you get new shipments in :o.

Hey Kenny, I guess all I needed to do was put some pairs in their own tanks. I have 2 pairs right now and they are laying eggs every 7 days or so (no wrigglers yet but I'm being patient). I split a 29g until I get another 20T for the stand. I just vacuum the eggs up after 3-4 days if I dont see any dark ones. I also seperated Romeo and juliet into their own section of the 85g community to see if I could re-kindle the old relationship. Romeo is more than willing (always nudging her) but.....she is playing hard to get. Hope things are as good as they can be with your family! Mike

I am Mike...but my friend knows how much I love discus and wants me to play with these for the time being so that it can ease my mind some...thanks so much for the blessings Mike. I'll call you shortly friend.

Kenny

turkis
09-14-2006, 02:08 PM
btw 1 of my RGD pairs laid eggs the other day but the eggs disappeared(you can see the other pair through the glass)...I doubt the male is fertile yet but we'll see.

Hey Mario my friend you need to send me 1 of your older RGD males:D (j/k)

Hey loverboy,
I don't have any luck with them at all, mine are still growing and they are about 4.5" to 5". I'm in no hurry with any of them, just see what happens down the road and plus the males are too young. It's hard right now to distinguish them.
Mario

:D :D

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks Mario I was just joking. I'm pretty much on the same page with you there that I think the male is too young(mine are really young, like 7-8 months old) They are beautiful fish regardless.

Thanks friend,
Kenny

lhforbes12
09-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Those are some beauties Kenny!

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks so much Larry and I was just joking with you there. I learned that from the "ducking" master.:D

Kenny

chris allsop
09-14-2006, 06:25 PM
ive just found this thread and looked at all the pictures, i can truely say its AMAZING!!!
I carnt wait to get my own fish room one day, i will get someone who knows wat they are doing to organise the stands and plumbing as im no DIY expert or even close!!!

Great job and good luck with everything. :angel:

Kenny's Discus
09-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Thank you Chris. Best of luck to your future fishroom.

Take care friend.
Kenny

Hawaiifish
09-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Kenny,
Your fish room looks awesome. I'm starting mine off now and hope that once its completed, it will be as well organized as yours. How long did it take you to complete one rack of tanks?
Mahalo a nui loa for sharing...
Ryan

Twize
09-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Ditto's here, Great Job!
A Very Awesome operation you have there Kenny!

~Ted

Kenny's Discus
09-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Kenny,
Your fish room looks awesome. I'm starting mine off now and hope that once its completed, it will be as well organized as yours. How long did it take you to complete one rack of tanks?
Mahalo a nui loa for sharing...
Ryan

Hi Ryan - the rack itself didn't take long to build at all. Not counting the paint job maybe a couple hrs at most with my friend's help. Mine's were just very simple design though. Thank you Ryan.

Ditto's here, Great Job!
A Very Awesome operation you have there Kenny!

~Ted

Thank you Ted...but it's nothing as compared to your HUGE tank! I just saw your thread earlier but 770gs? Man you're killing me here my friend!:D Best of luck in raising the "king of the aquarium" with this super tank of yours Ted. There's no question they'll look exceptionally beautiful.

Thanks,
Kenny

Allwin
08-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Wow Kenny, thoroughly enjoyed this 10 years old thread and TFS :-)

Iowa_Discus
08-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Wow Kenny, thoroughly enjoyed this 10 years old thread and TFS :-)

haha me too!

true2uroots
08-03-2017, 01:53 AM
Just read through this thread and felt very happy from begining to the end!

Jenene
08-03-2017, 08:29 AM
Just read through this thread and felt very happy from begining to the end!

Thanks so much for bumping this up true2uroots! I've never seen this thread before. What a great look back to see how it all began Kenny! So very interesting. What an amazing evolution to the Kenny's Discus of today! I absolutely love this!

White Worm
08-03-2017, 09:55 AM
The good ole days....

Ryan925
08-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Thanks so much for bumping this up true2uroots! I've never seen this thread before. What a great look back to see how it all began Kenny! So very interesting. What an amazing evolution to the Kenny's Discus of today! I absolutely love this!

I too am thankful this thread was brought back as I have had the pleasure of visiting a few times now. It was truly a great experience to see the setup where all these amazing fish come from as well as getting to talk with the legend himself.

Everything is so well organized and all tanks are immaculate of course.

Ken K.
08-24-2018, 08:02 AM
What a beautiful set up. What size are your lower grow-out tanks?

NJDiscusGuy
08-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Hi Kenny,
I'm looking to start a new fish room project in my garage. Do you have any plans you can share on how you built yours?
Thanks
Rob

FischAutoTechGarten
08-28-2018, 12:36 PM
The good ole days....

No doubt! I really miss the 'Fish Room' and 'Fish Rack' threads from way back when.

FranklyDiscus
05-10-2020, 03:06 AM
Looks great, im currently in Berlin Starting up a Discus fishroom, im looking forward to this personal satisfaction that only a discus room can bring...send more pics..very inspirational.

peewee1
05-10-2020, 09:12 AM
It just now occurred to me that Kenny could become a Discus breeder while awaiting his next imports from Forrest.