PDA

View Full Version : I Got My New Light! wow.....

Kindredspirit
12-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Guess what?? My discus are in living color!! omg, What a difference, really~

I got one long strip with two tube whatchamacallits....I wish all of you could see them! I have two long tubes, 32watts each...so I went from 34 four watts to 64watts...It is a Full Hood( Deluxe, no doubt!) with reflectors( whatever that is)...

I wanted to thank everyone that put up with my light issues and that helped me!

Oh, and I put Sun Glow Aquarium Lamp, same wattage tho, 15W.... in the babies 35gal and took out the ...what was in there...what a difference as well!

Wonder if my pictures will look better too? Like JMs, or Spices, or Hell, anyones at this point!

Merry Christmas!!

Marie~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_16_16.gif

AADiscus
12-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Give it a try Marie. Lets test out a new picture with the lights.

Kindredspirit
12-14-2005, 05:08 PM
umm....I hope someone lets me know if ....does anyone think my discus will start trippin because of this new bright light? I know some think they do not like it and some said that they were indifferent....hmm...

I am getting paranoid~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_100v.gif

Can it get too hot?

Marie~

candyl70
12-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Pics Woman!!! I wanna see!!

They will be fine Marie :) You are a little worry wart! Just watch them and see how they react. I think the bulbs are made to not get very hot. Have fun!

C~ (lol)

Ryan
12-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Sometimes they may be a little jumpy if you change the lights out to brighter ones, but they should get used to it fast. They may not even notice.

Ryan

White Worm
12-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Same here Marie,,, I went to flourescent bulbs and its amazing how the colors come out, especially the BD, juliet is a good looking fish.
PICS????

CAGE-RATTLER
12-14-2005, 06:19 PM
PICS, PICS, PICS Woman!!!

lots and lots from all angles :D

Some with flash on and some with flash off.

some zoomed in and some zoomed out

some with your clothes on and some with them off

make sure to stand directly in front of the tank with the flash on for those last ones too :D

JMArtist
12-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Marie,
Don't worry about what my fish and pictures look like, or any body elses for that matter.
Just get your camara out and click away!!!
Hold it steady on a table, level with the tank, try to avoid taking angle shots, just shoot straight on.
You can get close to the tank. Use a fast shutter speed if you know how to adjust that.

justafishguy
12-15-2005, 12:52 AM
I changed my lights once and my fish went crazy. I did a major change though from 60w to 220w. I ended up taking the 220w off because the fish would not stop running around the tank and banging into the glass...the last thing I wanted was a suicide.

I would say if your fish are swimming around normal then your fine. Dont worry about a thing.

Kindredspirit
12-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Pics Woman!!! I wanna see!!

They will be fine Marie :) You are a little worry wart! Just watch them and see how they react. I think the bulbs are made to not get very hot. Have fun!

C~ (lol)

umm..excuse me? Do i know you? Where are you, woman?? And I am a worry wart! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_169.gif

got your email~

Marie~

Kindredspirit
12-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey Ryan~ They are not jumpy, but trippin out in the corner a little...I hope they are okay!

Mikey! ( lol ) I know! You should see them, babe... the difference between night and day in colors! but i am not sure they are doing well, M, with the new light...I wish they could talk, dayumit!

Cage~ stfu!! That last line was so not funny, brat! I will get pics soon~

JM~ But i want my pictures as good as yours! Can you adjust the shutter speed on a digital?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_13_13.gif okay okay....prolly shouldnt answer that one!

Just~ Sorry to hear that! wow....not what i need to hear, ya think? lol...My tank has never looked better since i put it up, so they dayum well better adjust....lol! Now, they are BB and Boring, they can at least be bright!

Marie~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_6_20.gif

tpl*co
12-15-2005, 11:30 AM
I've got dual power compacts on my planted tank and I'm going to put a single power compact on my grow out :). The thing is I don't turn them on all at once from a dark room. Jeesh, even I would be startled if I was woken up with a spot light in my eyes, and fish don't have eyelids! I turn on a room light first in the morning for about 20 min. to a half hour before I turn on the tank lights. They also have plants so there are corners that are more planted and are darker if they want less light. Some fish hang out there in the early morning and then come out when ready (breakfast) when all the lights are out. They don't mind the extra light done this way.

Tina

candyl70
12-15-2005, 03:34 PM
LOL woman!!!

I will be home Tuesday, in the meantime I am able to use the computer here, but I get busy visiting and making things.... lol

Mike says my babies are growing!

They will get used to the light, don't worry. Do you keep it on 24/7 ?

C~

tpl*co
12-15-2005, 04:37 PM
ACK! no! I notice a difference in my power bill and algae just keeping it on as much as I do now! I turn it off at night. Now when I put on the second power compact I wonder how much power draw it'll do. (I have about 190 watts on my 50ish gallon tank, I'll have a single strip light about 95 watts + on my 60 gallon).

On the positive side I can grow red tiger lotus with no problems now :). My riccia is doing well too and I don't use CO2.

Tina

CAGE-RATTLER
12-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Cage~ stfu!! That last line was so not funny, brat! I will get pics soon~

OUCH!! .......... There goes the the Miss congeniality award .... lol

Kindredspirit
12-15-2005, 07:58 PM
I've got dual power compacts on my planted tank and I'm going to put a single power compact on my grow out :). The thing is I don't turn them on all at once from a dark room. Jeesh, even I would be startled if I was woken up with a spot light in my eyes, and fish don't have eyelids! I turn on a room light first in the morning for about 20 min. to a half hour before I turn on the tank lights. They also have plants so there are corners that are more planted and are darker if they want less light. Some fish hang out there in the early morning and then come out when ready (breakfast) when all the lights are out. They don't mind the extra light done this way.

Tina

Hey Tina~ Yeah, I do that too....I have a small lil gazebo light I keep on all the time in my office so they are never completely in the dark...and in the mornings I turn on lights slowly, one at a time....for a couple of hours, then later i pop on the SUN! lol!!

We really need to hook up, woman..ya think??

M~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_140.gif