PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY

chago09
12-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Ok I just noticed that one of my discus is acting wierd. It's really dark and is breathing pretty hard. It almost looks like it's breathing harder from one gill then the other. One gill is fluttering out far and fast as the other is normal. What could this be? It's swimming around looks ok just the gill is going crazy. It's swimming around with the others fine though. could it be nothing or is it a start of some kind of disease.

candyl70
12-15-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm not exactly sure, sounds like it could be gill flukes.
Just some advice, you may want to post this in the diseases and sicknesses forum for quicker, faster advice.

Candy

KingDiscus
12-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Is it periodically turning flat and "scraping" its gill on plants or anything in the tank? Sounds like gill flukes, I was told to do a water change and add some aquarium salt, for the time being... clean water is the best

White Worm
12-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Advice,,,, 2 Tbspns Non Iodized salt per 10 gallons,, FIRST 50% WC with aged and conditioned water. Good starting point before you go further. Just keep an eye out and see if things get better or worse. You never did give us any pictures, lets see your setup. Pic of the fish would help so we can help you better.

Ardan
12-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Did you recently remove all your gravel?

I would first test ammonia and nitrite to make sure water parameters are good.

hth
Ardan