PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE my Aqua Clear 110!!

traco
12-18-2005, 09:54 PM
I just replaced my Penguin 350 with the Aqua Clear 110 and I love it!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_16.gif

It is quieter as the Penguin had bio-wheels which made more splashing noise. Plus this filter is rated higher than my tank; the other was under rated for my 90 gallon.

I hope to get rid of one of the sponge filters in the tank as I've got 3 in there. I hope to stack two together and have them in one corner and the Aqua Clear outflow go into the other corner. They sure stand out when you get a couple or more in there!

White Worm
12-18-2005, 09:57 PM
I never did like the bio wheel noise. Took mine offf and replaced it with filter sponge

Jarrod
12-18-2005, 10:38 PM
Hmmmmm...my Bio wheel is quiet as a churchmouse...only time it makes any noise at all is if my water level drops a bit due to evaporation...other than that you can't even hear it running..

Jarrod

traco
12-18-2005, 10:40 PM
The unit itself was quiet, the splashing water coming back out is louder than the Aqua Clear. I thought they'd both be comparable in noise as they both splash back into the tank, but the AC is definately quieter for me.

Greg Richardson
12-18-2005, 10:44 PM
One thing you might consider is if you keep 3 sponges in tank one can always be taken out to start up a hospital or breeding tank on the spur of the moment. Very conveinent that way.

White Worm
12-18-2005, 11:16 PM
My biowheel made a fluttering sound all the time. I think it matters what tank it is on and the water level. the edge of my tank didnt let it sit quite right so it splashed alot. I had to fill the tank to the very top just so it wouldnt keep me awake at night (pretty loud)

Kap
12-18-2005, 11:41 PM
My biowheel (Penguin 330) is super quiet, too - I only hear some bubbling noise and most of that is from the sponge filter. Perhaps your hob filter needs cleaning.

CAGE-RATTLER
12-18-2005, 11:57 PM
I have an emperor 400 with the twinbio wheels and it is all kinda loud.
I do think its more the impeller than anything else tho.

Lately i've been leaving it off and just running my fluval 304 canister.

I also have two air fed box filters in the corners (with sponge, floss & bio media) so i dont think i need the emperor running anyway.

The emperor 400 also seemed to stir up any debri in the tank too.

I also have a magnum 200 canister and just bought the insert for it to use it as a polishing filter.

Never tried an aqua clear.

The canisters are so quiet you cant hear them at all ........... all i ever hear is the air pump.

Man that emperor is noisy!!