PDA

View Full Version : Have To Say The Napkin Works Great...what do you....

Kindredspirit
12-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Everytime I do my wc's I forget that I wanted to post my experience on the NAPKIN!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_61.gif

Carol had posted that she cleans the inside of her tanks with a napkin. And people thought it would fall apart and cause a mess but this is so not true~

Everytime I use one, I feel like I am doing a commercial! lol! It never falls apart and I have no idea why either.

Nor do I worry about if my daughter used downy or too much soap as I did once way back when the wash cloth I was using created bubbles! Talk about panic! But, hey, I dealt with it and didnt come here and whine, now did I? No. I most certainly did not~

Almost tho~

Marie~

tpl*co
12-27-2005, 11:44 AM
LOL, I use paper towels too most of the time...

Now, which commercial are you talking about?? Not the one with the Brawny guy... hmmm, wonder if he'd come with the towels and wipe down the tanks... LOL

Tina

Kindredspirit
12-27-2005, 11:52 AM
ya know what I was thinking??? You so did not send congrats to me for being a dayum angel, woman!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_25.gif

And you live in Sac!!

I'm tellin~

Marie~
umm... Tina? This is about the NAPKIN, not the PAPER TOWEL....hellooooooooooooooooo? lol!

tpl*co
12-27-2005, 11:57 AM
I was thinking that too after I hung up the phone that I forgot to congratulate you, :). CONGRATULATIONS :bounce: :bouncegre :thumbsup:
sorry for missing my chance yesterday, but we didn't connect the second time.

OK, now we're on the same page, LOL, I use paper towels LOL.

Tina

BIGFOOT
12-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Wouldnt a sponge be just a good and reuseable?

tpl*co
12-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I got one of those spongy thingies on a stick for aquariums (good technical name, huh, LOL) And it works pretty good for my big aquarium. I would think it would be OK, but just what about cleaning the sponge? Also, watch about getting gravel or dirt trapped in the sponge (esp. with acrylic tanks) as that could scratch the tank. Paper is good since you wipe and throw away :).

Tina

CAGE-RATTLER
12-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Why is it when you say you clean them with a NAPKIN ............. I think of a feminine napkin :confused:

Ive just been using a paper towel lately.
My 2 big plecos keep it pretty clean in there tho.

White Worm
12-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I have the sponge on the end of the stick too Tina, scientific name LOL!. I like it for the hard to remove algae but I like the paper towels because you can feel with your hand if you miss some places (slimey:p ). When using the sponge, I find that when I am done,,,I look,,,and missed some places and then I am to lazy to back and do again so it waits for the next cleaning. Paper towel gets my vote. Easy, neat, throw away when done. Mike

Oh Cage,,sanitary napkin is what I was thinking too,,,funny!LOL

candyl70
12-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Gross Cage!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! I bet they would work pretty good too!!!

tpl*co
12-27-2005, 05:16 PM
OK, OK, just to get the story straight, are we talking about the kind of napkins you use at a picnic? (over your knee) LOL.

candyl70
12-27-2005, 06:03 PM
lol.. hmm... yeah what kind of napkins? The thin square ones? Or the Taco Bell kind?

tpl*co
12-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Tried the Taco Bell kind, they fall apart, LOL!

JMArtist
12-27-2005, 06:18 PM
You guys aren't talking about Today Sponge's are you????
Can these be put on the end of a stick?

(Outside link has been removed by myself)

candyl70
12-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Nasty JM!!! LMAO!!!!
Where has this thread gone? lol

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_8.gif

JMArtist
12-27-2005, 06:45 PM
The scientific name for the sponge thingie on the end of the stick is called a
Synthetic Cleaning Spongia with Dowel Handle Device, made by Ronco, the makers of Chia Pets.
Special note: the dowel can be made of either wood or plastic.
I myself use Bounty Paper Towels, the Quicker Picker Upper.:D

candyl70
12-27-2005, 06:52 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

From the makers of Chia Pet?!? lol!! I think the today's sponge might work out better then the sponge on a stick! I use the same ppr towels, no little nasties left floating in the tank when i'm done. I also have an algae mit that works out pretty good.

JMArtist
12-27-2005, 06:54 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif
I also have an algae mit that works out pretty good.

Is that like an Oven Mit???
Are we baking Discus now???

Ryan
12-27-2005, 06:56 PM
I'd like to remind everyone that this is a public forum and we try to keep things clean because there are minors here. Please refrain from posting links to outside sites that aren't really appropriate or related to the conversation, such as the "Today Sponges."

Thanks.

Ryan

kaceyo
12-27-2005, 06:56 PM
You guys are SICK!!! But I'll tell you anyways, brand new kitchen sponges will kill your discus. Be careful of what you use in your tanks.OK, I have to be honest. I passed this thread by half a dozen times thinking it was about.., well, the sanitary type, and was more than I needed to know, lol. And certainly not info that I could use. But then my curiosity got the better of me. At least I'm not the only one that thought it, lol.

Kacey

JMArtist
12-27-2005, 06:57 PM
I'd like to remind everyone that this is a public forum and we try to keep things clean because there are minors here. Please refrain from posting links to outside sites that aren't really appropriate or related to the conversation, such as the "Today Sponges."

Thanks.

Ryan

Sorry Ryan, I guess I got carried away.
Please note, out side link has been removed from Post in question.

candyl70
12-27-2005, 07:00 PM
lol JM... oops!!
The algae mit looks kinda like an oven mit, but i got it in a package that my python came in. It also came with some glass cleaner, some flake food, water conditioner... umm.... and i think that was it. It was only 20 bucks or so for the whole thing!

kjmillerfw
12-27-2005, 07:02 PM
I have found that the algae mits leave behind small filaments or fibers. I believe it was the python brand that I used. It bothered me to see those small fibers floating in the water and I wondered what they might do to the fishes gills. Since then, I've stuck with good quality paper towels...they are very inexpensive and hard to beat IMO.

Kathy

candyl70
12-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Oh no!! Kathy!! I have to go and check my water now!! I don't want anything to get stuck in their little gills. I am obsessive when it comes to the cleanliness of my tank!! lol... in case you couldn't tell!

I also like the papertowels, i like to use bounty, and viva. I think viva is awesome because you can use it more than one time. I take it out and fold it and use it some more. Can't beat those!!

Candy

Kindredspirit
12-28-2005, 05:50 PM
My goodness Peoples! ( leave it to you boys )

( You got in trouble you got in trouble ....)

Let me start off my saying I did not even think of the 'other' napkin when I started this thread! I remember when Carol posted about using a napkin and I thought it would fall apart. But it doesnt~

I like it! Juss throw it away. Sponges and whatnot you have to worry about cleaning them. I actually put the napkin on my long algae scraper thingy, and WA LA! It never comes off and works well!

Shame on you guys!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_6.gif lol! Why can't ya all be an ANGEL, like me???? ( those of you who know me....)

Marie~

CAGE-RATTLER
12-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Ever see the movie "The ANGEL and the BADMAN" :D

candyl70
12-28-2005, 07:27 PM
LoL Marie!!! Nah nah na na nah!!! Might as well!! lol!!!

So.... What kind of napking is it?? (I mean name brand of course!!!)

C!!

Kindredspirit
12-29-2005, 01:06 AM
hmm.....I dunno, actually~ Cheap ones tho! Actually, last night when they all decided to hook up with Casper and Friendshttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_1v.gif, lol, one of my thought was that dayum napkin. One of them I had used had a pink lil print on it...

....and I thought it did in my fish!

JM, shame on you too~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_30.gif What would Granny say?

Cali~