PDA

View Full Version : 40 Gallonn Breeder tank

keith_cny
12-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I am in the process of resealing a 40 gallon tank and had a couple questions for anyone that has done this before.

1) It was suggested by members here to not just reseal the leaky spot in the tank but to reseal the whole tank while I am at it. To do this, should I just peal out the old sealant, clean the glass and reapply the new sealant, or do I have to take all the glass panes apart and clean the mating areas. I assume that the glass sides sit on top of the bottom glass but I have no idea if it sits directly on it or is there any sealant between the pieces. I checked the All-Glass website and did some other searches but couldn't find any detailed information. It looks like there is sealant between but if so, how do you control the thickness of the filled gap?

2) I have noticed over the years that this 40 gallon tank bows a little when full. I thought I read here a couple years ago where someone added a tank brace to the top of a tank for this reason. Does All Glass supply parts like this or is there another supplier of these braces?

Thanks

Keith

CAGE-RATTLER
12-28-2005, 01:06 PM
You can get bases and crowns from THATFISHPLACE.com

Not sure about braces tho.