PDA

View Full Version : Tank Divider Set Up Pictures

Greg Richardson
12-30-2005, 03:17 AM
Stumbled across this link....................

http://www.oscarfish.com/cms_view_article.php?aid=468&sid=d4088c140efdf18aa457915509dbdef8

CAGE-RATTLER
12-30-2005, 03:59 AM
After hearing people talk about deviders before ........ i thought of doing something like that myself but i think you could probably find something a bit stiffer to use ................ or i guess you could add a stiff frame around it.

Thanx for posting ............... i love the DIY projects.

I dont even think they make deviders for 55's do they?
I havent seen any for that tall a tank.

brewmaster15
12-30-2005, 06:34 AM
They sell the premade clear dividers for tanks up to 55 gal..These come with a rigid side frame and clips... The clear dividers are flimsy though..I have a few I modified by replacing this clear flimsy material with Lucite ( hardware store ...flourescent light covers... Its opaque or clear...I use the opaque in a 55 gal with 2 sponge filters as breeder tanks when I am in dire need of a tank.

-al

Dave C
12-30-2005, 08:30 AM
I made a divider years ago out of egg crate. I cut it about 1" smaller then the tank opening and put a sponge along the edges of the egg crate (other then the top edge). For sponge I just used AC sponges with a slit cut along the length. That way the egg crate would fit in the slit. Then I wrapped the divider in mesh fabric that was as fine as necessary for the fish I was dividing... the bigger the mesh the easier to keep clean. Then you just hand sew a line of fishing line along the edge of the mesh and that holds the mesh onto the egg crate and the sponge stays in place too. It worked great and can be made for whatever size tank you want.

mench
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
You can get divider clips...they have two suction cups with a hinge type thing that you can put either a piece of glass or plastic in it..I use four per tank,nice and rigid.They have them for sale in the Aquatic Eco-system catalog.

Mench

Greg Richardson
12-30-2005, 02:56 PM
From what that link showed you could make it for any size tank from that material. Seemed quite simple.
With BB tank just buy a few more suction cups for bottom.

White Worm
12-30-2005, 04:04 PM
How about the hard plastic that you use for the overhead lights in your kitchen, you can cut it to whatever size and it is rigid and come in many colors and designs.Just drill holes whatever size you want and walla! instant divider. I am still working on the securing of it. Mike

Brack1008
12-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Here is a link to the egg crate divider ideas from another forum.
http://www.angelfish.net/yabbse/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=6277
Hope this helps with the ideas
Dennis

Greg Richardson
12-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Dennis. What an excellent thread that was. Thanks!

Lot of great idea's on there for attaching the egg carton.

I like the drywall J-plastic idea the best.

White Worm
12-30-2005, 09:51 PM
tube for trim would work for any rigid material, good idea, thanks