PDA

View Full Version : anyone using the gorilla rack GR7201

tl211
01-07-2006, 09:54 AM
just brought this rack wondering anyone using it and how much can this rack hold

CAGE-RATTLER
01-07-2006, 02:00 PM
That is definately one of the stronger of the gorila racks with the welded upright brackets.

The only thing that bothers me about those is there is no side supports under the shelves but if your tanks are 18 wide they will get they're support at the front and back anyway.

Those have the particle board shelves so i would either replace that with plywood or add some bracing underneath and seal the particle boards.

But like i said if the tanks are 18 wide where the edges are over the metal bracing you shouldnt need the extra supports underneath ............. but i would still seal the particle board or replace it with something thats more water proof.

The one i got is not as strong or wide but came with laminated shelves.

CAGE-RATTLER
01-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Here is the link to the one i got.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=46797

Mack
01-07-2006, 02:25 PM
just brought this rack wondering anyone using it and how much can this rack hold

As much as you can put on it...the eight foot length can hold something like 1500-2000lbs a shelf...I put four 75g tanks on them and they hold up just fine WITH the supplied particle board...no need to replace it with other material

CAGE-RATTLER
01-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Only reason i say replace the particle board or seal it is eventually moisture will get to it and cause it to swell and eventually fall apart.

But if you put 18 inch tanks on there you could probably just set them on the supports without even using the particle board.

Now with mine i added a support in the center of each shelf from front to back to keep the 2 rails from seperating. More for my own piece of mind than anything but your rack probably has stronger beams too. Mine are the double rivet z-bars.