PDA

View Full Version : Some wild angels from Al/Brewmaster

Ryan
01-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey everybody,

This past Wednesday, I got some nice wild angelfish (scalare, not altum) from Al/brew. They're doing well, chowing down on bloodworms and flake. I thought I'd post some pictures. These fish are currently living at my aunt's house next door, so excuse the very busy looking tank. She insisted on decorations :rolleyes:

These are awful pictures because the fish don't stay still.

Ryan
01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
This one's a little blurry, they didn't like being photographed apparently.

Ryan
01-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Last one for now. This guy is my favorite. It's the biggest of the 8 and also has the longest fins. I've never seen fins this long or well developed on a wild fish.

You'll notice that some of the fish in the group have short fins, and some have very nice, long fins. These are the angels that people are using to cross with domestics in order to improve finnage. I know Steve at Angels Plus uses the long-finned wilds to try and get nicer standard fins on his domestics.

Ryan

Tad
01-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Very, Very, Very Nice Ryan

:thumbsup: Al

Planted tank eventually Ryan?

Tad

Ryan
01-07-2006, 05:23 PM
No, Tad... my aunt needs a KISS tank. So we have some fake plants and a big fake log in there. But I'm hoping for some pairing activity because I'd like a pair of wild angels to work with.

Ryan

oodi
01-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Beautiful angels, Ryan!! Good job Al!!

Judi
:)

Tad
01-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Ryan,
Are they in a RO/Tap mix ? Just curious!

Tad :)

Ryan
01-07-2006, 05:45 PM
No Tad, I have them in straight tap. They are young though. It will be a while before they think about spawning. Then maybe I'll play with the water some :)

Ryan

Discus_KC
01-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Nice angels Ryan !!!

Jack

Barb Newell
01-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Very nice Ryan!

Barb:)

Elcid
01-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I haven't kept angels in a while, those look super :) I just saw a spawn of angels a few months back at Mary's. Almost as amazing a sight as a spawn of discus :)

Kindredspirit
01-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Very cool, Ryan! We got our fish on the same day, yes?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_32_10.gif

Marie~

brewmaster15
01-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Ryan they are looking very good.. Angels have always been the hardest for me to photo as well....especially the silvers.

I never kept a tank of wild scalars for myself before...But I have a few tanks going of these that are staying here! I want to out cross to a pair of domestic zebra lace...and also breed wild to wild.

Thanks everyone,

-al

Ryan
01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
I went to visit the fish last night and check up on them. LOTS of quarreling and fussing in the tank. I watched two of the larger fish go at it for about 30 minutes, lip-locking and nipping at one another. One would turn completely sideways and dart after the other. The stripes turned jet black and were outlined with a blueish/silver irridescence -- eyes glowed bright red. Very intense and pretty. I hope they continue to do this well! First major water change this afternoon when I get home, so we'll see how they do.

I'll try to take some video of them because it seems to capture them better than photos do.

Ryan

pcsb23
01-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Very nice, they are an incredibly elegant fish. Al, well done too!
Paul.