PDA

View Full Version : New Tanks Setup (278g total)

SSteino86
01-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Hey everyone. Was about to start a new tank setup that consisted of: 4 55g, as well as 2 29s (220+58=278) and just had a few questions.

First, what size of a air pump should I get? What kind of LPM am I going to need to supply an air hose to each of my Hydro Sponge V filters in each tank(6 of them total).

I'll be running AC 70s on the 55s, as I felt that 110s would be overkill. Also a 200W subermersible in each 55. All tanks are bare-bottom.

Second, can anyone find a better price for the AC 110 then 32.99, and 22.99 for the AC 70?

I was also thinking about a pump to use for automatic water changes (I've already planned out a system). How large of a pump do I need to buy (GPH)?

Finally, I was going to paint the back and sides of my tanks. I've noticed most people use either white or a light blue color. Is there any particular reason? Would a darker blue be suitable also? :confused:

Thanks for the help.

Scott

pcsb23
01-26-2006, 06:53 AM
Scott,

Try this thread for info on pumps http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=47554

Also at te top of this section theres a sticky with loads of good equipment links in it and I'm pretty sure you get answers to most questions there.

btw the main reason I use light coloured paint is for breeding. Its so the fry go to the parents and not a dark wall looking for food. Also you can see dirt quicker (algae, slime etc..). There may be other reasons but thats why I do it.

hth,
Paul.