PDA

View Full Version : Apistogrammas?

gators111
01-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I had a apistogramma cacatuoides in the past that was great. And I was wanting to add a pair to a discus tank. I have heard that the high temps are too much for them, but upon doing some research, I have found that other apisto species are found in and around the same areas as discus. Can anyone share their experiences or thoughts on the subject?

ShinShin
01-31-2006, 01:27 PM
I've raised and breed many apisto species over the years, but never kept them with discus that I recall. Blue and gold rams are another story.

JeffreyRichard
01-31-2006, 02:38 PM
I've kept A. Borelli with discus in a 125 gallon ... they were spawning like crazy in all 4 corners. They seemed to really like the warm temps.

candyl70
01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
I've had apisto Borelli's and Cac. in the same tank as my discus before. They don't pay any attention to each other. The two apisto's though would lip lock now and then. They are a lot of fun and I enjoyed keeping them. I also had some Ram (Bolivian) in with them as well. They are almost as fun as discus!!!

tpl*co
01-31-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't know if it is the fish I got but I had an agassizi pair and they didn't or aren't taking the heat well. I lost the female first and now the male doesn't look that great. My rams are growing out and looking terrific though!