PDA

View Full Version : THANKS A MILLION!!!!!

LittleDevil6569
02-02-2006, 02:11 AM
I am truly touched by all the responses I received! I must say-I didn't expect that! I do want to add to everything else I mentioned in my previous posting, that my tank is not bare, I do have gravel, driftwood, a couple pieces of slate as well as several live plants that are thriving quite well! I do have a Fluval 304 canister filter with pre filter ceramic chips, peat moss, and Ammo-Carb as my filter media. I also have an under gravel that is powered by a reverse flow (sponge filter) power head. I do 50-75 % water changes 2-3 times per week and I'd say about 50% of the time I use de-ionized water for exchanges. Sometime within the next year I am moving and my water supply is going to be RO water(d/T septic/well system), which I know is a plus. But for now with what I have, would 2-3 more discus be a safe bet in my tank, or not????? And does anyone have any breeders that they would recommend that are fairly reasonable as far as price/guarantee well as good quality & selection? The ones that I have now are from Somethingsphishy.com and I have no complaints, but I am open to any other recommendations. Thanks again for all of your feedback guys!!!! A good weekend to you all!!!!!!!!!!
Danielle

pcsb23
02-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Danielle,

You can safely add 2 or 3 more discus to your tank - 55gal right? Your w/c regime is ok for that number, get them about the same size as your current 3.

One thing though, ditch the undergravel filter!! Its a NitrAte machine, ughhh yucky, orrid.

As for breeders check out the sponsors section, give them a call or a pm, they will be only too happy to help.

Make sure that you properly qt your new additions.

Good luck,
Paul.