PDA

View Full Version : Iridescent Sharks w/ Discus?

Kweenshaker
02-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Has anyone had experience mixing ID sharks with Discus? I have a shark that is in a tank waaaay too small for it (I bought it from an inexperienced seller, unfortunately) and I'd like to transfer it into the larger aquarium that I intend to eventually add discus to. What do you think?

hexed
02-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I believe ID sharks are scaleless so if you have to medicate you will need to remove it before you add meds to the water, but I do not know what the temp and pH requirements are for them. Look them up online and see. If they can I do not see why not other then they are constantly moving and might frighten the discus, but soon enough they will get use to it :)
Frank

Kweenshaker
02-09-2006, 07:37 AM
I've seen from various sources that they are decent in temperatures anywhere from 75-84. Thanks for your help! :-)

brewmaster15
02-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I used to have 4 irridescent sharks that I grew to about 15 inches... They were with discus as a test at about 4-6 " ...I found them to tolerate the water fine...but the discus did not tolerate the activity well.

They were with 2 adult wild greens and 2 adult heckels.

-al

Kweenshaker
02-09-2006, 01:55 PM
THanks for your help.
I think maybe I should try to find a better home for my sharks then.
I am still kicking myself for listening to the shop keeper, rather than reading up on the sharks before I bought them. (She told me that they grow to be about 4-6".) WRONG!!

hexed
02-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Can you post a picture of them. I would like to see it :)
Frank

architect1
07-01-2006, 04:35 PM
I've seen up to 2 feet once it was massive. Are they even related to sharks. I see that there alot of fresh water but any relation's what about an albino ID?