PDA

View Full Version : I want this in my tank....whatcha think?

Kindredspirit
02-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Hey Guys~

Below is the link where my Blue Lobster is! Sooooooo ...........so I hope you guys check em out ...he is way cool! It would appear he could handle the higher temps, well at least to 85...I have always wanted that lil shyt! I was thinking of him for my 55gal that I am putting sand in....I can not get him for quite sometime, but......has anyone had any experience with these guys? It is best to only have one~

Opinion Peoples!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_27.gif

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1641

Marie~

goheel
02-18-2006, 01:09 PM
that's not a lobster, it's a crawfish.;)

Dr-Manic
02-18-2006, 01:41 PM
not a good idea my brother has lobsers and the gow to a fair size and attack the fish

AmberC
02-18-2006, 02:15 PM
My friend has a blue crawfish and loves him. He is pretty cool. He never did catch any of her tetras either lol. He generally ate everything, and I mean everything (poo too) that was on the bottom of her tank. He was pretty neat. As long as you make sure its the crawfish and NOT the lobster. Lobster would be a bad idea I think as Dr. Manic said they'd get big and eat your fish :(

Amber

Dissident
02-18-2006, 03:21 PM
They will fight with your fish over food at the bottom of the tank. When I had african chiclids I had one and they would have territory fighs all the time. I would say no to that as a tank-mate with discus.

They are also escape-artists I have found them 20ft from my tanks after they climb out.

Timbo
02-18-2006, 03:54 PM
I have found them 20ft from my tanks after they climb out

hehe, how would you like to find that thing under your pillow in the morning marie?

pcsb23
02-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Marie,

OK, lets assess this. This blue thingy lives on the bottom, needs rocks and plants and sand to shelter in and is described as semi aggressive mmmm semi aggressive so I'll only bite half your head off??

Most shellfish prefer darker conditions, like night time, discus sleep at night time.

Discus also eat their food off the bottom too, which coincidentally is where this semi aggresive blue thingy lives.

I know I'm being mean, but with good intent. Discus are amongst the most beatiful fish around, freshwater or marine water. Why risk their beauty?

Paul.

JMArtist
02-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Well Marie, I think it's time for you to set up yet another tank so you can have your Blue Lobster (aka Crayfish)
A small 10 gallon should be fine, you can put it on your kitchen counter...next to the stove...just in case one night you get hungry and feel like steaming the blue bugger...Yummy....with butter and chives.

Actaully I just came from a LFS that had not only Blue Crayfish but white ones also...the blue looked so cool...So I say do it...get another tank and get the Blue Lobster....It Rocks...

KIWI13
02-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Bad Idea....... bad bad idea....... You want something like it Marie, get some shrimp; I have one, they eat algae ( provide em with pleco chips) and they have no clippers so no way to harm the discus...

The lobster is a bad idea.. Set up another tank if you must really

Jason

AmberC
02-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Bad Idea....... bad bad idea....... You want something like it Marie, get some shrimp; I have one, they eat algae ( provide em with pleco chips) and they have no clippers so no way to harm the discus...

The lobster is a bad idea.. Set up another tank if you must really

Jason

Jason, your discus dont eat the shrimp? I've never been able to keep shrimp with discus cause they snack on em between feedings lol

jeep
02-19-2006, 10:47 AM
They taste real good boiled in cajun spices ;)

nacra99
02-19-2006, 08:36 PM
I had a crawfish living together with my growouts with no problem. But then he might have just been a nice one... I wouldn't risk putting him with your fish. I got him from the creek behind where i live. The little critters are everywhere here in the new orleans area.
He lived in my tank happily for about 6 months till he (?) got nice and fat... then he went into the cooking pot during the end of the year crawfish boil.....yes... we ate him! :lickin:

Kindredspirit
02-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Wow~

GoHeel~ It says itz a lobster!! lol!

Dissident~ That would be awful if he did escape! The info on him said that he doesnt get that big...i think like 5"....I am not sure now~

Amber~ Look on the link...it said Hammer Lobster....but they do not get too big...

Timbo~ umm...No! That would not be a good thing...could you imagine??

Paul~ Did you lose your Golf Game? Meanie! lol! I hear you I do~ and I will probably do what JM said...( can you believe that john?) and IF i do get one I won't put it in my discus tank.....See.. I always listen to you!

Jas~ I hear you too! Bad Idea...I got it I got it! But he is way cool dontcha think?

Marc!! You ATE HIM??? omg! I so can not believe you said that! wow......... was he good?

Brian~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_4.gif

Marie~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_53.gif

scans
02-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Those things Will nip at fins and eventually get a fish or 2.

PASS THE BUTTER...

nacra99
02-20-2006, 10:01 PM
hehe, how would you like to find that thing under your pillow in the morning marie?

Dude... that has so happened to me before. I used to have a tank of crawfish beside my bed... I woke up in the middle of the nite to something cold and wet crawling around under my blanket.... it was my crawfish.....

Marc!! You ATE HIM??? omg! I so can not believe you said that! wow......... was he good?

Yes ... Yummy! Can't wait for this year's crawfish season =)