PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain...

AmberC
02-20-2006, 10:20 PM
To me the difference between a wild blue and a wild green? Thanks so much! ;)
Amber

AmberC
02-21-2006, 09:56 AM
:( I'm really curious.
Amber

yogi
02-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Amber you asked a question that is not easily answered. Lets assume there is only two grades of each wild an A and a B. It is much harder to tell the difference in the B (common) grade. For the most part they both have predomniatly a brown body with some striations in the head and in the stomach areas. The blue tends to be a slightly darker brown than a green. The blue will also sometimes have more red mixed in with the striations. The green tends to be spotted in the anal fin. Also the blue discus tends to be rounder in the body than the green. From what I just typed in now dawns on me that the biggest difference is the coloring of the anal fin. The blue has striations and the green has spots.

In the A grade it is much easier to tell the difference. Again the blue will have a slightly better shape than the green. Also again the green will have spots in the anal fin and the blue striations. The body of the blue will have blue striations and the green will have a green background color with red spots. Hope this helps.

AmberC
02-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Amber you asked a question that is not easily answered. Lets assume there is only two grades of each wild an A and a B. It is much harder to tell the difference in the B (common) grade. For the most part they both have predomniatly a brown body with some striations in the head and in the stomach areas. The blue tends to be a slightly darker brown than a green. The blue will also sometimes have more red mixed in with the striations. The green tends to be spotted in the anal fin. Also the blue discus tends to be rounder in the body than the green. From what I just typed in now dawns on me that the biggest difference is the coloring of the anal fin. The blue has striations and the green has spots.

In the A grade it is much easier to tell the difference. Again the blue will have a slightly better shape than the green. Also again the green will have spots in the anal fin and the blue striations. The body of the blue will have blue striations and the green will have a green background color with red spots. Hope this helps.

Yup.. that helps :) Thank you!
Amber

RyanH
02-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I agree with most of what Yogi stated.

However, "better" is a subjective term. Greens will often be shaped more oval than their blue and brown cousins. It's just the way they look. This is often less desirable than the more round look for Discus but they are what they are. They evolved this way in nature and aren't a result of someone's poor breeding program.