PDA

View Full Version : How about these?...

MiamiDan
04-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry, couldn't help myself.:D Stuck my fingers in that tank & almost got them chomped off!

pcsb23
04-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Hungry looking fish! Great photo.

goheel
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
oscar?

unfamous
04-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't think Oscars would be good with discus jus because they can be a bit agressive..and they may take all their food! but awsome pic though:D

Kindredspirit
04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Well ~

Somebody say what they are please?? Are they Oscars? ....Inquiring minds wanna know.........hellooooooooo?

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

MiamiDan
04-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Yup....I was at my local Petsmart & they had a bunch of Albino & Tiger Oscars in a tank...right about feeding time. I stuck my hand on the aquarium and with my cellphone took the picture :D store employee wasn't too happy about it!

Kindredspirit
04-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Great Picture!! I am always taking pictures at our lfs! Of some of the worst tanks too, and no one ever says a word.....Hell, I could be a reporter or something ~ we always wld wonder about that ~ yet, no one says anything~

So theywere not happy cuz you stuck your hand in or cuz you took a picture? Im thinkin the hand thing....lol! Did it hurt? umm.......you stuck your hand ON or IN the tank? I just re-read that! Why wld the be trippin about that?

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_3_17.gif

MiamiDan
04-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I stuck my fingers IN the tank..LOL...lil o'l lady wasn't happy. I always try to do that to small oscars...you feel a nibbling sensation in your hands. ;) always dare anybody with me to do it & they chicken out! See, a human's instinct for survival is to withdraw the hand if something is going to bite you, so it is a mental thing..LOL :alien: Big oscars,well that's another story...

Jarrod
04-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Dan....granted the feeling of them nibbling at your fingers is cool but I can see the lady's not being happy in the lfs reasoning. It's one thing to do it in your own tanks at home when you know where your hands have been..it would be quite another to do it in a public store and have people just come up and stick fingers in tanks like that...I mean what's to say their hands and fingers are clean and not having something toxic to the fish on their skin?. Given the fact that most lfs use a central filtering system for how ever many tanks on it and that in most cases lfs fish are not in best of shape or all that healthy to begin with then I feel the lol(little old lady in this case in the store) had every right to be unhappy with you...sorry my friend but just how I think on this one is all...it's one thing to tap glass on a tank in a lfs gently to provoke movement and observe fishes reactions but another altogether to put fingers or hands in tank...JMHO is all
Jarrod

MiamiDan
04-07-2006, 11:27 AM
...it's one thing to tap glass on a tank in a lfs gently to provoke movement and observe fishes reactions but another altogether to put fingers or hands in tank...JMHO is all
Jarrod

Point well taken, I wasn't thinking about the central filtration system. Here in South Florida you find Oscars in every canal, not to mention the Everglades...it will take a hammer to kill them, however the filtration system is another matter ....to other fish.

That said....I would never tap at a glass, specially Discus (or any other fish for that matter). I learn that from Jack Wattley...

chago09
04-11-2006, 09:32 PM
I own a 13 inch tiger Oscar LOL come try that in my tank hahahhah he'll take your hand and your camera lol I have to say although discus are my favorite fish to keep a Oscar has to be my second favorite. Its a large fish you usually keep alone in a 50 gallon tank or more. Very very smart and becomes like a dog because they grow so big and live so long. Not only that but they because they are usually kept alone you get a certain bond with it that you don't with a tank full of discus. Like I can pet my oscar while feeding and I can get him to jump three or four inches out of the water to grab crickets out of my hand. cool fish and will always have one in my house.