PDA

View Full Version : Eating my sponges!!

MiamiDan
04-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Here's a pic of Goliath...my male giant Apple Snail. Guy is the size of a small orange already. I got another 5...about the size of lemons. I keep them in a 180 gal tank, together with corydoras, as part of my cleaning crew. Problem is that I got 2 sponge filters & these giant snails like to eat them...literally. I had to replace the sponges once they ate about 25% off each one. Anybody has any ideas? I would hate to get rid of them, they are cute & don't mess with my discus....:confused:

traco
04-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Are you feeding them daily? Pellets, wafers, zucchini, sweet potato? I always have something down at night for my guys. I have not seen them on the sponges of my tank. They might just be really hungry?

MiamiDan
04-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Are you feeding them daily? Pellets, wafers, zucchini, sweet potato? I always have something down at night for my guys. I have not seen them on the sponges of my tank. They might just be really hungry?
Hummm...I feed my discus so much (4-5x daily), they consume all leftovers. I might try some pleco wafers ....see if that helps