PDA

View Full Version : More problems with my yoyos

Tom Plantagent
05-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm talking loaches here. "Yoyo" is not a euphemism.

One of the three has disappeared. He's too big to have been cannibalized by his buddies without a trace if he'd have died in the tank. I've look all around the tank and under nearby furniture in case he jumped out. I suppose one of my daughter's cats or my wife's toy poodle could have scored a snack but I'm not convinced he jumped out- it would have been a remarkable feat given all but eight square inches are covered and plants would have impeded his start. Do these guys ever burrow like kuhlis? I've never seen any of these yoyos not show up for feeding tiime.

marilyn1998
05-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Check inside your filter. Amber on here has one that LOVES to jump up into the inside of her filter. HE comes and goes at will!

Tom Plantagent
05-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I checked the filter. Still no sign of him. No amonia spike that would indicate he died in the tank either. I'm starting to think a cat is involved.

AmberC
05-26-2006, 03:13 PM
You sure hes not in that filter? lol I didn't find mine in the filter until I took it completely apart. Somehow he got under the foam, and into the impeller box!!!! Underneath the impeller of course. Little snot lol

Amber

Tom Plantagent
05-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I took apart the cannister filter. My other filter is an old Penguin bio-wheel that I use just to get the biological filtration which really has no place for it to hide.

They are crazy little suckers. I had one swim up a length of filter tube which I using to feed my discus. It didn't want to wait for the food to come out!

tpl*co
05-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Do you have any decorations with holes or hiding places in the tank? I had some fake rock in my tank and was cleaning and took mine out in a bucket. Luckily, I had about 2" of water in the bucket since my loaches liked to wedge themselves in to hide and before I knew it there was the loach alive in the bucket! You can try this if you have a decoration to see if it's there :).

Tina

crazie.eddie
06-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Have you checked the tubes or hoses of your filter?