PDA

View Full Version : Discus harass BN?

AmberC
06-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Ok so I am starting to think that my discus were harassing my BN pleco! Up until the other day when my discus went to their new home.. the BN was almost NEVER seen. I never saw the discus bother her, but at the same time all she did was hide! NEVER came out!

But since the discus are now gone from the tank... she has not hid since! Shes all over the place! Like everywhere! lol

What do you think?
Amber

marilyn1998
06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Could have been the discus. But IME, my BN seemed to never be seen the first 2-3 weeks. Then all of a sudden they are now all over the place.
Dunno, but that is how mine acted.

AmberC
06-09-2006, 10:40 AM
It could be but shes been in the tank for over a month now I think and hasn't been seen and then all of a sudden the same day I took out the discus shes been out and about all over the place! Just seemed odd :)

Amber

yeomans
06-09-2006, 10:55 AM
That does seem a little odd, I would have thought it would be the pleco picking on the discus.

pcsb23
06-09-2006, 02:46 PM
The plec may have had a pop at one of the discus, probably in the night time, and the discus possibly gave it a nip, so madam plec thought she'd stay outta the way!. I've seen discus give a serious belt to plecs before. It is rare though, normally they co-exists peacfully.

AmberC
06-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Well I guess there is no way for me to really know is there lol. My discus *were* :( very ... (dont know what word to use) not aggressive, but not afraid! lol One bit me one time when I was taking a water sample lol.

Amber