PDA

View Full Version : sad day

architect1
07-04-2006, 02:00 PM
I took all the stone out of the tank yesterday. I saved about 60% of the 112 gallons to put back in the tank. I then put them in. Everything was fine till I woke up today and seen them all floating at the top gulping for air. I still have my pleco 3 rams and sea algee eaters in the tank. there doing the same thing.

I then look and my filstar xps was on but not pushing water. The spunge stoped the water flow. Now I have 4 fish that past away. I threw the rest of my serviving 5 discus in my 55 gallon with my other 5 discus. Sad day. I just hope when I treated them there ok and do not hurt my other discus.

used2bBubbles
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
What a horrible way to start the day! I'm so sorry, arch. Hopefully the 5 survivors will make it. I hate it when I forget to do things like that.

Let us know how the discus do.

Sorry for the loss. :(

Kathi

Kindredspirit
07-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Arch ~ I am sorry!! That is a true bummer:(
Hang in there buddy!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif

pcsb23
07-04-2006, 05:52 PM
We all have setbacks, its how we deal with them that matters :) you probably acted correctly with the remaining ones so that was well done. Get the big tank cleaned thouroughly, get the filter back up and running properly, take your time over it and plan it properly. The get some more discus in a couple of months. Hopefully you will be more successful.

Take care and good luck

AADiscus
07-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I am not good with planted tanks but I know when you start stirring up the graving, taking out/moving it around you really stir up alot of stuff you normally don't see/notice. The good thing is that you had a tank you could put the remaining fish in. Discus are real finicky. Hope everything turns out alright for you. ;)

architect1
07-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Thank you guys. Its nice to know I'm not the only one that has had problems.

Current status I fixed the problem It was the sponge the radius around the intake was to small and when i started it with the sponge on it sucked the sponge so nothing can get in. Hence the air problem.

I put the end back on started it up then put the sponge on No problems. I waited till the remaining rams/ algae eaters where able to breath properly. Then I put the fish back in now. There is no stone in the tank. so I'm happy about that you really see the dirt and the discus see the food and eat it all eventually.

So now My 112 is empty with no plants or stones. it has all my fish but my spawning pair. The spawning pair is in my 55 alone. They have some stone in there. There are also 3 orange red sleight chunks in there for them to spawn on.

Hopefully with Italia winning things will be going my way. lol I hope things work out. Thank you for you thoughts and cements.

used2bBubbles
07-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Hopefully with Italia winning things will be going my way. lol I hope things work out.

Hey, Arch, we're always glad to support ya when things go badly, but you lost me on that comment about Italia.....how will that help you??? You didn't bet your house on Italy winning the WC, did you? Woo hoo if you did!!!!

architect1
07-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Well I thought since Italia was wining That it bring me more luck. And now that they Won the cup bad or good things in all with what happened. A win is Win. Since then Knock on wood.

I have had my blue diamond pair spawn 3 times in the last week. I think I disturbed them at night because the tank is right in front of my bed. So I have now covered the one end with a blanket so No one can see what they do.

My other tank where I had the most trouble is clean cause it’s a bb tank and my fish are not skidish there happy and they show there color better. But my one blue Turq is still playing show the stripes when branden is hear. When he’s gone then I will hid them. Little bugger. lol So everything is going good.

My shrimp tank is doing good to So I think there is a good balance going on and hope it keeps going.

used2bBubbles
07-15-2006, 10:19 AM
So all is well for now. . . :)

architect1
07-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Sorry I haven't been on for a bit But yes everything is good knock on wood lol.

I noticed there more colorfull, energetic, cleaner, And vary happy. I'm just haven problems with getting my BD pair to grow wiglers.

used2bBubbles
07-17-2006, 06:13 PM
That's a "good" problem, I think. And if they don't figure it out this time, maybe next. Good luck and keep us posted on what's up!

Kathi