PDA

View Full Version : Endler Livebearers with discus?

tpl*co
07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
OK, Endler's are pretty much the hardiest things on the planet (wild type, kinda like a small guppy). I even have them in a containder without much filtration and end up with a bunch more since they are so prolific. I'm wondering, would they be OK to have in with Discus? I saw some really beautiful wild types that have a solid red line like a cardinal and thinking hmmmm, instead of a cardinal maybe these would do well in the tank and I will have my school of them within a month? (heck, they'll breed and drop babies in the bag on the way home, LOL).

Or will they become snacks?

link to what endler's look like, they can have variations from where they are collected and which male (found out that babies will take on the colors of the dad)

http://www.endlersr.us/gallery.htm

Tina

Ryan
07-26-2006, 03:03 PM
My guess is snacks :) They stay pretty tiny. If they do live, they would probably provide an endless supply of live food for your discus.

Ryan

pcsb23
07-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Pretty fish, will they take the heat?? Think Ryan is right though, snacks are us!

traco
07-26-2006, 05:31 PM
I've got normal guppies and also one endler male guppy in my 90 gallon. They are fine with the discus but the babies become "snacks" for the discus. You know when there are babies being born as the discus go on "high alert", all their fins are fully erect, it's kind of neat to see.

So, if you're not concerned about baby guppies becoming snacks, go for it. Just make sure they are clean (you know, the old routine of QT, etc...):D