PDA

View Full Version : Sub Forums Idea

Dissident
07-26-2006, 02:14 PM
I think it would be nice to have a forums that has sub-forums for local areas/states/regions/whatever kind of like:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/local-pet-stores-clubs-conventions/

That way people can share experiences or information that is relivant to that area. Like: 'where to get CO2 in Milwaukee' or 'new store opens up in Everytown' etc.

Apistomaster
08-26-2006, 06:48 AM
I would'nt hold my breath on this idea it would be come infinitely subdivided to the point it would interest no-one.

CAGE-RATTLER
08-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I like the idea myself even know Cali & canada would get most of the hits from what ive seen ...... lol.

Ed13
08-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Great idea, but because of the number of international members, its a bit to alienating. Maybe if more members stated their locations they would have better chance of creating something like a "grapevine" were they could exchange tips such as stores.

Ryan
09-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Hi,

We have considered this before, but given that this is sort of an international forum with members all over the place, it would be a little extensive. Maybe too extensive. We used to have a Member Map which let people pinpoint where they were located on a map. This was kind of helpful. I've looked for something similar, but I don't think there's anything available right now.

Ryan

lhforbes12
09-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Dis,
We kind of have something going like that right now in this area. As a matter of fact I've been talking to people from around our area and we may have a "get together" I'll keep you posted.