PDA

View Full Version : Discus with Discus

rcomeau
09-03-2006, 08:45 PM
I have just one discus. A brilliant turq. I am planning to get some companions. My goal is just to have a tank that is fun to watch, is healthy, and looks good. I'm not a breeder beyond casual attempts for fun. One thing I like about Discus is the variety. I'm thinking of getting three more Discus. Three that represent what I think are the best of the broad variety. Each very different from the other and hopefully two females and one male. Is that something that is frowned upon because the fry will grow up looking muddy or something?

sublevel007
09-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I am pretty new to the game with discus but I can tell you they are a schooling fish and like to be kept in groups of 6 or more. Also you have to watch how much you load your tank. From what I have read a rule of thum is 1 discus for every 7 to 10 gallons of water. Another thing to think about is the more fish in the tank the more water changes you will have to do. Just food for thought. i'm sure someone else will be around here soon with some more accurate info than I can give.