PDA

View Full Version : BN is gonna come out of qt

Jarrod
09-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Tomorrow!! Hard to believe it's been 4 weeks already! But it's coming out tomorrow and going into the 29 gal with the White Diamonds.Now all I have to do is get another 4 or 5 BN and put them into qt tank so when they come out I can tear it down and clean it all up and get it set up as a breeder/ juvie tank for my discus! Ahhh the fun and the WORK never seems to end lol :D :D ...but now I know why I don't call discus a hobby but more along the lines of a FULL blown addicion lol.
George

pcsb23
10-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi George, well is the BN out of qt and in one of your tanks yet? When are you getting the other bn's ??

Jarrod
10-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi Paul... Yep it's out of qt and in the 29 with the White Diamonds. I'm gonna be ordering the others in about 3 weeks hopefully. I found some from a breeder up in Spokane,Wa. that has both browns and albinos. She is going to give me an excellent price on them...at least I think it is 5 bux each plus shipping and the shipping will be airport to airport. So when I get these and they get done with their qt and put in my tanks the 25 gal qttank will be torn down completely and scrubbed out and sanitized and reset up as my breeder tank/juvi tank should that occur. At least this is my idea anyway...lol...it may be subject to change and refinement as things progress or even if it does progress to that stage. The lady had 2 browns left and the rest are all albinos. She also has some albino longins but I'm just not really into those. They are pretty and all but not what I want. All I really want is something to maybe keep up with the reddish brown stuff which I was told was from diatoms. I still haven't seen this one working the glass at all yet. It stays on the underside of the driftwood. So hopefully it will come out at nite and start doing its job lol.
George

pcsb23
10-01-2006, 01:52 PM
George, someone once told me that bn's are nocturnal, mine are active all day long, I think once it is settled it will be ok. It may be my imagination but my albino bn's seem to work harder than the brown ones, could be that I just see them more often. I feed a litte algae wafer now and again for them too, just to make sure they get enough food.

Jarrod
10-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks Paul...when it was in qt I did the algae wafer thing with it as well as zucchini (fresh homegrown lol) as well as some shrimp pellets and colorbits. Somhow I think it just got fed to dam well lmao. When I'd drop the algae wagers in with it I never saw it on them at all. They'd just kind of dissolve on the bottom along with the color bits and shrimp pellets. The zuch would get that white fungus like stuff on it and get real slimy even after less than 24 hrs in the tank. Yet it looks like it has grown a bit...so I'm kinda at a loss on it...lol. So I haven't put anything if food wise in the WD tank except for their regular varied diet that I feed them. I knew they were kinda nocturnal creatures so I don't see it after I turn the tank lites out in the evening.
So you can see why I'm kinda at a loss.
George

pcsb23
10-01-2006, 04:32 PM
If its growing George it must be eating!, they tend to graze, even when they don't look like they are! Its got bogwood in there so it will find plenty on that to keep it interested.

Jarrod
10-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm hoping so Paul. To be perfectly honest my wife is the one that says it's grown lol....kinda tells you how much I don't see it and I sit in my room most all day cause this is where my puter is.....yep I'm an internet addict lol. About the only time I really see it is when I do the wc's and lift up the driftwood to vac out the stuff that collects underneath it.
George