PDA

View Full Version : Rack

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 08:06 AM
I finally finished the rack and plumbing for the two new 75's and two 55's. It turned out quite well. I decided to put the 75's on top and the 55's on the bottom, this gave me plenty of room behind the 55's for plumbing and other equipment. I originally had two drains, one for the 75's and one for the 55's, but I decided to just use the lower (55's) one. This is working beautifully for me. I have a sink, which I also just installed, just to the right of the rack. I painted 3 sides and the bottom of all tanks, the bottoms are flat black and the sides are two colors of blue. The tanks on the left side both have CF lighting and the ones on the right have what originally came with the tanks, NO Fluorescent. Only the 55 on the bottom left has a substrate, and it has long finned Rams in it, which atm are 6 females, I'll add a male shortly and use this tank to breed them. The other 3 tanks are dedicated to discus, for now grow-out/hospital tanks. There are a total of 30 discus in the tanks. All tanks are using Hydor ETH in-line external heaters, the 55's are filtered by Odyssea CFS4's and the 75's are filtered by Rena XP3's. The Odyssea's sit on the floor to either side of the rack and the XP3's sit above them on shelves. I did this to make maintainence as easy as possible.

poconogal
10-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Larry, good job! Now come to the Poconos and set up my 75, please????? :D The Poconos are beautiful in the fall, and in about 9 days it will be the height of fall foliage.

Kenny's Discus
10-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Looking Great Larry! Should be more fun do WCs now agree?;)

Kenny

billeagan
10-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Excellent Job!!!

ronrca
10-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Very nice!
Thanks for sharing.

Harriett
10-03-2006, 10:19 AM
With entirely NO sarcasm (don't expect this to become a pattern), congrats on the rack--it looks great and I know how much easier this will be for you. It's all about quality of life, huh?
Harriett

Squiggy
10-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Looks good, Larry...:thumbsup:

Kindredspirit
10-03-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll take one:D or four!

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Looking Great Larry! Should be more fun do WCs now agree?;)

Kenny

Kenny,
Yep! I can drain and refill one of the 55's in about 10 minutes. Cuts way down on time spent. I still drain and refill them one at a time, even though I don't need to. I use that time to inspect the fish and tanks though, so I feel it is time well spent. Besides knowing me I would certainly over-fill them if I tried doing more than one.

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 11:26 AM
With entirely NO sarcasm (don't expect this to become a pattern), congrats on the rack--it looks great and I know how much easier this will be for you. It's all about quality of life, huh?
Harriett

Uh huh... I expect I will hear the actual sarcasm when you're up here next time though ;-P

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Looks good, Larry...:thumbsup:

Thanks Joe! I expect some constructive criticism when you're here. I could always use ideas on how to improve things. (I don't need to tell Harriet that since she will say whatever she likes to me in any case)

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Larry, good job! Now come to the Poconos and set up my 75, please????? :D The Poconos are beautiful in the fall, and in about 9 days it will be the height of fall foliage.

We'll get you a fishroom in your basement yet Connie! A plane ticket and $300- $500 will build you a nice small fishroom.

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Excellent Job!!!

Thanks Bill! I'm using your 1" vinyl tubing idea to drain them. I made up some PVC drain/hangers ala Jehmco that makes draining them quick and easy.

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Very nice!
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ron! It's working out extremely well so far, better than I had any right to hope in fact.

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 11:36 AM
I'll take one:D or four!

Uh... one or four of what exactly? If you mean RTs, they're yours! <grin>
btw thanks Marie :-)

poconogal
10-03-2006, 12:08 PM
We'll get you a fishroom in your basement yet Connie! A plane ticket and $300- $500 will build you a nice small fishroom.
Hmmm. I may take you up on that one day, Larry... :D

CAGE-RATTLER
10-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Lookin Good Larry!

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Lookin Good Larry!

Thanks Cage! How is your project coming along?

CAGE-RATTLER
10-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks Cage! How is your project coming along?

Kinda at a stand still right now.

Ive got alot going on in other areas right now.

And thanx to my girlfreinds family ............ Im going to have to replace the floor in my fishroom. While i was away .......... her not so bright uncle was moving the refrigerator and tore up the new linoleum i put in.

Needless to say ..... I wasnt a happy camper!!

I even had it positioned in the kitchen to just tilt it back on a hand truck and wheel it right through the fishroom ............. but he figured it would be easier to slide it through my house. What an idiot!!

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Cage,
I have "family" members just like that! I wonder if they're related? <grin>

korbi_doc
10-03-2006, 08:49 PM
:D Very nice set-up Larry.... I'm envious, wish I was that far along, but I'm persistent, I'll get there one day, lol.....Need Fish!! haha!, Dottie :p

lhforbes12
10-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Dottie,
I have zero doubts that you will! How is everything else going so far? Are you even a little settled in yet?

pcsb23
10-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Nice job Larry, next time your in the UK drop by and help me with mine eh? :D

lhforbes12
10-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Nice job Larry, next time your in the UK drop by and help me with mine eh? :D

Paul,
I will most certainly do that! We have actually been thinking of going to Europe in a few years. Ingrid was born in Germany (actually Bavaria) and she would like to go there and to Poland (she was born in Germany but she's actually Polish) I however, would like to spend some time in a place that speaks the same language as me... well sorta speaks the same language <grin>

korbi_doc
10-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Dottie,
I have zero doubts that you will! How is everything else going so far? Are you even a little settled in yet?

:p Well, the "fishroom" is full of boxes, so every day I empty a few....but yes, I feel settled in more every day & I love the house & being able to look out the kitchen window & see my horses & the barn up close. The satellite tv has Sirius music & I've installed it all over the house so I can listen whatever I'm doing, mostly country, lol.....I've even learned to use the drill & hang those wire closet kits in the drywall, feel like an expert now, maybe it'll help me when I start to set up the fishroom, lol, hopefully soon. There are just so many things needin' doin'....the tractor & ground is next.....hahaha! Dottie ;)

Harriett
10-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Paul,
I will most certainly do that! We have actually been thinking of going to Europe in a few years. Ingrid was born in Germany (actually Bavaria) and she would like to go there and to Poland (she was born in Germany but she's actually Polish) I however, would like to spend some time in a place that speaks the same language as me... well sorta speaks the same language <grin>

Gee, Larry, what language would that be, exactly? <grin> I wouldn't pitch 'em if you didn't toss 'em to me, you know!
Harriett