PDA

View Full Version : Discus in Time Out

marilyn1998
10-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Teenagers!!! What are you gonna do with them??

Today I did a smallish rescape to get my tank to a place where I can get to the last step of my scape.... the background plants.

I moved 4 large Anubias Barteri from the back wall to the the mid tank. I put them in a U form where I took two of my pieces of driftwood and butted them together.
The anubias nana that had been in front of the driftwod was moved to the right side of the tank to give it some depth.

Just as I was coming back from putting away the stepstool, I noticed my largest discus nosing around a small nana I had moved. He stopped, looked at me, then nudged the nana until it uprooted. He grabbed the plant and pulled it out of its position and then swatted it with his tail and off it floated for parts unknown!!!

Now I tell you, if he is old enough to complain about the way I keep his room, isnt he old enough to keep it CLEAN too???

Tomorrow, out comes the hoses for Discus WC 101.:D

Timbo
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
lol, good post

pcsb23
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
:D agreee, good post :D

poconogal
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Gee, Marilyn, I guess he told you what to do with that plant, didn't he! That's hysterical.

Connie

wolfbane
10-17-2006, 05:48 PM
I would cut his FBW allowance and ground him to the other side of the tank!

marilyn1998
10-17-2006, 06:37 PM
YA gotta wonder. I came back from making dinner and that plant is floating again. And of course, he is in the spot just sitting.

I moved it to another spot. And Wolfbane, he isnt getting his FBW either!

poconogal
10-17-2006, 08:12 PM
YA gotta wonder. I came back from making dinner and that plant is floating again. And of course, he is in the spot just sitting.

I moved it to another spot. And Wolfbane, he isnt getting his FBW either!
Years ago I have a Green Severum who used to get really annoyed if I fixed the tank. He used to undo the entire tank and dig holes and make big gravel mountains. I'd go in and smooth the gravel, put the plants back in place, and in particular there was a suction cup holding something that he didn't like which he'd pull off the tank wall. I'd put that back too. He would get so mad, he'd attack my hand when I put it back, then grab it and throw it around the tank like a lunatic fish, having a real hissy fit.