PDA

View Full Version : if only..i knew how to transfer my pics to my puter.

April
10-20-2006, 01:42 PM
ok who knows how to transfer pics from my nikon coolpix to my puter. i have the program..it came up that there were 29 pics to transfer..but then notin. it just sat there..is there a magic button ? ive done it before..

brewmaster15
10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
April ,
Most nikons are also read by your computer as a supplimental hard drive.. You know where you have the icons for c drive, a drive, Cdrom etc? When you connect a cool pix it should show as another drive......

mine shows as E drive...but it depends on how many drives are on the PC...

You can click on that drive and directly access, copy pics to another folder ...you should not need any software to do it.

hth,
al

Ryan
10-20-2006, 02:02 PM
^ What Al said. Once you plug the cable in, Windows should install the camera and display it as a separate drive under "My Computer." Just open it and there'll probably be some folders, just go through them until you find the JPG files.

Ryan

April
10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
ok..ill try. thanks. see..im trying to post pics..... (insert angel emoticon here)

White Worm
10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
My Computer.... and then my nikon shows up as K drive I think, which is probably reading from where I slide the little card into my tower.

April
10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
i got it worked out. i dont have a card reader. i have a cord to my camera. i changed where i want them to go..just to windows and pictures and it worked wonderfully. : )
pictures to follow in photo gallery. some of our mount shasta pics and a few others.