PDA

View Full Version : I think there's a problem with these Angels

LizStreithorst
11-22-2006, 12:33 PM
These guys are in the process of moving their wigglers from the cone on to the galss. They seem to have developed this red tinge to their fins. They act healthy. Heck, they have babies! But what is this pink stuff? I'm pretty new to Angels. Do I have a problem here? What should I do?

Tony_S
11-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Hey ya Liz....

I bet these are the Angels you got from Cary....Very Nice!

We got one HUGE Gold male from him as well....Ive never noticed anything on him as far as pink, or discoloration. I'll double check him in a bit when he wakes up!
First thing that I thought of was too much Astaxanthin...but ours is (unintentionally) heavily colorfed, and Like I said...I don't believe he shows any pink???

Second thing I thought of was Septicemia.

Have a quick read...

http://www.awforum.net/angelfish/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1792

I'll get back to ya....

Tony

poconogal
11-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Hi Liz! Nice angels. I had one years ago that got chilled and developed red like that. I thought the same thing as Tony, Septicemia, and in fact, I dropped a Maracyn and a Maracyn 2 into the tank. It cleared right up after that. I've fed and still feed any angels I have Tetra Bits, etc., but I've never had any develop that type of red that I see in your pics.

LizStreithorst
11-24-2006, 09:10 AM
What ever it is it appears to be clearing up on it's own. They're still eating and acting normally. Still taking care of a BIG spawn (which they move to a new "hiding place" every day. Since I have wigglers in there and the parents are improving on their own, I think I'll use the sit and watch method for now.
Yes, Tony, they are from Cary. I have 3 pairs in breeding tanks right now. They hadn't been doing much but eating eggs. Suddenly 2 of the pairs have wigglers and the 3rd has eggs which should hatch tomorrow. What ever will I do with all the kids? BTW, the other 2 pairs are Black Superveil males and gold veil females.

Tony_S
11-24-2006, 09:25 AM
What ever will I do with all the kids?

KEEP EM THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS HOUSE!!! LMAO!!

Between the Angels we already had...the Angels we got from Cary...and most recently, a BUNCH from Al....

We have Angelfish coming out our HOO-HAA'S!! :shocked2:

Glad to hear they're doing better!! Keep an eye on em though!

Tony