PDA

View Full Version : Al's(brewmasters) Wild Scalare in there new home

GrillMaster
11-24-2006, 10:34 PM
They have really settled in nice, an eat like pigs! Between them an the congo tetras, its a regular feeding frenzy at feedin time!!

Just thought I would share some of the great fish he has!:thumbsup:

[img=http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/233/u2pp3.th.jpg] (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=u2pp3.jpg)

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ws1xo4.jpg

poconogal
11-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Fish and tank, beautiful!

AADiscus
11-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Looking good. ;) I really like your planted tank.

bikhu
11-25-2006, 11:09 AM
They look great and the tank is beautiful. I am sure that you will be enjoying these guys a lot!
Congrats!
peter

brewmaster15
11-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks Mark,
They look like they are settling in nicely. Glad to see the tetras are letting them eat!:) The planted tank is great...thats a nice setup for those silvers!

-al

ps... moved this to my sponsor section.. Thanks for the update on the scalare!

GrillMaster
11-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Al... This is pretty ironic that ya moved the thread!! I was going to actually post it here to begin with, but wasn't sure.

Thanks for the kind words all!! The plants are nothing special, just growin at the moment.

The angels really accentuate the tank for sure!:)

scolley
11-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the kind words all!! The plants are nothing special, just growin at the moment.
D*mn. That's not what I would have said a all! I think the plants look great.

Excellent scape Mark!

Sure, they are growing in. But all that means IMO is that what looks great today, will look even better tomorrow. :D

Kenny's Discus
11-26-2006, 03:07 AM
Hi bastalker - You cannot go wrong with Al's angels...and the ones in your tank look great!

Kenny

GrillMaster
11-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Steve Thanks for the compliment bud!! If mine grows in half as good as yours, I will be a happy guy!!

Kenny No dought about it... Al knows how to take care of some fish!!:thumbsup:

GrillMaster
11-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Thought I would update the status of the Scalare.

When I introduced them into the tank, they all did fine for about 2 weeks. The smallest one was getting pretty abused on a regular basis. They were settin up their territories, but the smallest one just didn't get one!

These guys are aggressive for sure. Fight with each other all the time. I mean lip lock an push each other across the tank. seems like they really get aggressive if I am sittin at the tank staring at em. Showin off all most, especially after they have stuffed their faces.

It was completely out of my hands, an in the end nature took its course. The strongest survived.

The other five however are definitely king of the tank, an are now eatin out of my hand.

Brew an I had a conversation about the aggressiveness of the congo tetras in my tank, an was kinda worried about them letting the angels eat. The plan was to stuff the congo's, then feed the angels.

Oh contraire...The congo's are still aggressive, but the angels are even more so!! The congo's get the leftovers...

One thing I did notice though, and have had to deal with, is the angels are very sensitive to c02 saturation! The other fish in the tank never minded at all, even when I had the c02 crankin to fight off a lil algae. The angels however don't like it at all, an will let ya know in a hurry!

So I am walking a thin line in that area. Just enough c02 to keep the plants growing good an not stress the angels at the same time.;)

Fish are happy, plants are doin great, an will post a pic soon.:thumbsup: