PDA

View Full Version : all the same?

tacks
11-27-2006, 10:35 PM
In a planted tank,90 gallons, adult discus does it look better if all the discus are the same, such as all turq.,blue,red,green etc. thanks Ed

White Worm
11-27-2006, 10:55 PM
You will get about 8,800 different opinions. This is an individual personal preference. Some like the same, some like variety and some prefer wilds only in a planted tank. What looks good to one may not to another. Your best bet is to cruise planted tank forums and look at pics and see what looks best to you. I like the way wilds look in a planted tank myself. It gets them back to more of their natural setting. It all depends on what is appealing to you because you are the one dishing out the $$...HTH

swinters66
11-27-2006, 11:50 PM
I love wild discus, but I dont know enough yet to keep those guys.

In my tank at least, I have a mix of discus. But, I like variety and I love the colors of the discus in my tank. I had thought of going with one strain but after seeing ALL the different kinds out there, I mixed it up.

Go with what you think looks good, and what appeals to you. Whatever you decide I bet your tank will look fantastic!

fishmama
11-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Here is opinion 8,800:

I love the mixed because each one really takes on a very distinct personality and guests love to pick out their fav! I keep a sublime background and tankmates are all matched within species in a group, hence the discus varieties really pop!

Lisa

Marinemom
11-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I like to mix them up for more variety. Although I do think that a tank full of wilds in a planted tank will look awsome.

Marinemom

rcdg
12-22-2006, 12:02 AM
I vote for all the same. Seems lot of people can't pass up variety but imo there's something cool about an entire school of the same breed.