PDA

View Full Version : Hello form West Virginia

spinnerbayt
12-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi I'm an avid fish keeper and have been so sense I was about 8 years old. I have 5 tanks up and running ranging form 6 to 125 gallons and I have 6 more tanks waiting for the fish room. At this time I have angels, rams, rainbows, kribs, tetras, guppies and on and on. There are several types of fish that I have my eye on right now including discus and pike cichlids. I am also a big planted tank lover. All my tanks are planted ranging form the very low tech 6 gallon to the very high tech 125 gallon. I'm sure I can help some people out when it comes to planted tanks and I'm sure you guys will be helping me with the discus.

Regards,
Jeff

AADiscus
12-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Welcome to Simply Jeff. Check out the planted tank section, I think you will like it. ;)

pcsb23
12-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Jeff welcome on board, I have just the forum for you :)
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Have fun!

GrillMaster
12-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Welcome aboard Jeff!! I have seen ya over on TPT. I can assure you that you will get the best knowledge goin here on SD for all your Discus pleasures an desires.;)

It will be great havin another member with planted tanks here to share the knowledge of that particular aspect of the hobby!:thumbsup:

spinnerbayt
12-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Now all I have to do is find me some discus. Would love to talk to anyone else form central Wv.

dishpanhands
12-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I sold Jo-mar in nitro about 50 blue ones about 3 weeks ago if he is out I will have more ready in about a month .His phone # is 755-2437.

spinnerbayt
12-11-2006, 09:52 AM
dishpanhands... I made it down to jo-mars to have a look at the discus and I must say they were beautiful. I'm still trying to figure out where everyone from the 125 are going to go and how I want to rescape. Maybe by the time your next batch is ready I will be ready. Let me know when they are getting close.

steve.ryall
12-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey Spinn, welcome to SD, enjoy your stay, I hope you find some great fish

Steve

dishpanhands
12-15-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm glad you went and looked, because now your hooked.....LOL..
I don't live around there and I'm glad to hear they are doing fine...He is a real nice man that works there..looks to me like he keeps the tanks clean and doesn't over charge for food..I won't sale my fish to my LFS they are nasty. They kill 10 one time in 11 days made me mad. They keep trying to get them but I keep telling them no. Here is the picture of the dad.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19129&d=1161355314

spinnerbayt
12-17-2006, 12:34 AM
His offspring look just as good as he does. I have been doing alot of reading on this site and have been trying to figure out what would be the best way to go about doing this. I want the fish for my 125 planted tank but most say that you dont want to put discus into a planted tank until they are adult fish. If that is the case then I can set up one of my extra 55's as a bare bottom to grow them out. If you don't mind I would like to talk to you more about how you care for your fish seeing as I hope that its yours that will someday be swimming in my tanks.

Thanks,
Jeff