PDA

View Full Version : qt for cardinals

cobaltblue
12-15-2006, 03:49 AM
I just bought 20 cardinal tetras to add to my school i already have in my 90g planted tank. How long should i qt cardinals for? they have been qt in my lfs for a week already. They are in my qt tank already and are very vibrant and are eating well already. No tetra disease that i can see. No fatalities.

Evan
12-15-2006, 08:35 AM
LFS QT does not count, when I added cardinals to my tank I had them on their own for three weeks, there was no issues so I put a runt in with them, I think it was another couple weeks, everything was fine, I guess there was nothing wring with the cardinals though either.

Some people do more or less.

fishmama
12-15-2006, 09:35 AM
I QT'd mine for 5 weeks. While they were in QT I dosed them for a week (3 doses with 48 hrs in between and WC before each dose) with Jungle's Parasite Clear. I ALWAYS assume parasites whenever I get fish from a LFS. I also checked the water parameters they came in from the LFS (temp, pH, hardness). I put them in QT with similar parameters. After treatment, I then start slowly upping the temp, lowering pH, etc over a week to acclimate them to the tank they will be going in to. I did not lose any cardinals.

HTH
Lisa