PDA

View Full Version : Cannot reply to Pm's

Kindredspirit
12-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I am glad that I can post pictures without having to go to Photo Bucket now... but lately and this morning is the worst it has been ....

......when I hit the reply button it takes almost 2 1/2 mins to give me the page:( I can not even reply to pm's as the page never appears or I must finally go and can not wait any longer ~

To post this thread took almost 2 min for the page to appear ~ I do have high-speed internet and AOL so I tried to go thru IE....same thing:confused: Also I lost two postings in that when I hit preview....they never appear then I go back and it is gone ~ this post here only took a min...I know that does not seem long and petty to whine but my computer is very fast!!

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_10.gif

pcsb23
12-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Marie,

First off thanks for the feedback. Needless to say I'm not experiencing any of these issues, but it doesn't mean they don't exist :) I think maybe Ardan might have the same issue too. I'll do some digging and see what I find :)

Have you cleared your cookies btw? there may be some with reference tot eh old site lying around.

korbi_doc
12-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Have you cleared your cookies btw? there may be some with reference tot eh old site lying around.

Paul, aren't they automatically cleared when we log out??

AmberC
12-31-2006, 11:20 AM
When I go to my favorites and click my link for SD.. I get this page:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/search.php?searchid=277002

automatically. This is not the first time this has happened to me. I am thinking something with the cookies. Its very annoying though and happens every time there is an upgrade or major work done on the site.

Amber

pcsb23
12-31-2006, 11:53 AM

Paul, aren't they automatically cleared when we log out??

No not necessarily. When you check the box "Remember Me" when logging in that stores details in a cookie.

When I go to my favorites and click my link for SD.. I get this page:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/search.php?searchid=277002

automatically. This is not the first time this has happened to me. I am thinking something with the cookies. Its very annoying though and happens every time there is an upgrade or major work done on the site.

Amber

Thats bizarre. Can you try this for me. Delete the favourite, go to the front page of SD and re-add the favourite for me. That looks like a bad link has been stored.

Polar_Bear
12-31-2006, 12:06 PM
No not necessarily. When you check the box "Remember Me" when logging in that stores details in a cookie.

Thats bizarre. Can you try this for me. Delete the favourite, go to the front page of SD and re-add the favourite for me. That looks like a bad link has been stored.

That's exactly what it is. Just delete the link like Paul said and recreate it.

pcsb23
12-31-2006, 02:40 PM
I have made some mods, hopefully that will help. You may need to do a hard refresh to get the benefit. As always clearing cache and cookies periodically is good practice too.

AmberC
12-31-2006, 08:46 PM

Yep.. That worked lol .. but this happens to me every time the site goes down or there is an upgrade.