PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail Issues

brewmaster15
01-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Hi all,
Can you do me favor and let me know if anyone is having issues with thumbnails..

I'm attaching examples of what you might see when viewing a page that has attachments... basically instead of seeing a thumbnail...you see a text description of the image, which you can click on and still view the image as a picture.

Please post here if you are experiencing this problem currently.

Thanks everyone,
al

Timbo
01-02-2007, 09:27 AM
hi Al

never had this prob before, but the thread below shows the thumbnails to me that way... some of the time. On first view, most of them appeared that way...on refresh, most but not all, thumbnails appeared correctly. And on the third view...all were fine. dunno. is it because the thumbs (and their re-directs) take a few seconds to fully load on the viewers page?

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=53014&page=7

korbi_doc
01-02-2007, 09:45 AM
:D Hi Al, as you probably already know, I don't see that at all...there is a kind of rectangle, some have a tiny mark or 2, if I work at it can get a hand, & if I click fast enough, maybe get a pic...some have no marks at all, & I tried a couple, did find a hand by scrolling back & forth, & even once did get a pic that way...WIERD!! lol, Dottie ;)

LizStreithorst
01-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I saw what you said, Brew.

Ardan
01-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Sometimes I get the box with an X and a description, other times its the pictures.

Ardan

brewmaster15
01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
HI all,
We have been doing some trouble shooting here today.. If you had been having issues with thumbnails could you let me know if the problem is resolved..

thanks,
al

Ardan
01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Looks good to me:) :) :)

Ardan

wolfbane
01-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Al, I see the "attached thumbnail" box with a dash mark in it. If I scroll I get the "hand" just before the dash and right on the dash. If I click these 2 spots, I can get the pictures.

Ryan
01-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Al, I see the "attached thumbnail" box with a dash mark in it. If I scroll I get the "hand" just before the dash and right on the dash. If I click these 2 spots, I can get the pictures.

What web browser do you use, and what version is it? Also, do you have any kind of firewall/internet security software installed, like Norton Internet Security, etc.?

Kindredspirit
01-04-2007, 09:33 AM
FYI:

Just what you want to hear Ryan ~ but just now when I went to the Discus University, the banners up top, Aqua Cave....was just a little red x ~ oops....it just went to that x now! .....actually it is going back and forth:confused: x now.....back.......lol! Only the banner on the left is doing this

Marie ~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_5_2.gif

Ryan
01-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds like one of the graphics didn't load, Marie. Just try reloading the page.

Ryan

wolfbane
01-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey Ryan, I'm using the new IE, but started having these probs since ya'll recovered from the hack. I run ZoneAlarm firewall. I just disabled the firewall and refreshed the page, and they show up as thumbnails now. If I enable the firewall, and refresh the page (or change pages) I'm back to dashes again. Great, anyone know how I can configure this firewall to let the thumbnails in?

Ryan
01-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I figured it was the firewalls. Mine at home used to do it. Because every firewall is different, I can't say for sure how to configure it. Maybe ZoneAlarm has a help file or something that mentions graphic loading issues?

Ryan

wolfbane
01-04-2007, 03:25 PM
I changed the config to accept banner and skyscraper ads, the thumbnails now appear. Funny, Simply's sponser ads always showed anyway.

Ryan
01-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Debbie,

Glad it's sorted. Unfortunately now you'll have to see banners on every site, which is a pain for some people. Did you notice if there was an option just to enable them on one site? Sometimes programs allow you to set up exceptions for specific sites, where you just type the domain name...

wolfbane
01-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey Ryan, thanks for the idea! I read some more and found the right boxes to click, now Simply's thumbnails appear, but ads are blocked for other sites!! Now my brain hurts!

Ryan
01-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Now my brain hurts!

Mine too :crazy: :D

t_j
01-27-2007, 08:18 PM
When I click on a thumbnail the picture is tiny. Is it just me??

brewmaster15
01-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Tiffany,
Try going thru a few different threads...The picture output depends on what was uploaded.

Let me know how you make out.

-al

t_j
01-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Al, its all of them even my own posts. Along with posts that I've looked at a while back and they where normal before and now there small some times even smaller then the thumbnails.

CAGE-RATTLER
01-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Brew ive also been seeing some attachments like you showed in pic 1.

I didnt even notice this thread before and dont think they were like that then ............ but have been for me the last couple weeks.

Im using Firefox as my browser.

t_j
01-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Al, I found out it's my computer. Sorry!!