PDA

View Full Version : poop remover

FishLover888
01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
I have a DYI idea:

If you have a BB tank, the fish poop can be really something look gross in the tank all the time till you remove it. I think I may have found a solution to that.

It will be something like modified UGF plates (with gaps to allow the fish poop go through). Sit at the bottom of the tank with a level build in and some opennings on the plates end. The level is going to sweep/move the poop close to one of the openings so you can use your physon vac to suck it out. The fish poop will be under the plate hidden from the view till your remove it at your next water change.

Polar_Bear
01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
I adready accomplish this without any of that stuff. I just have my spraybars set to sweep the top of the tank at a very slight angle. This causes a very slight current in the tank that sweeps all detritis towards my pre-filters. The prefilters pick up most of it but the stuff too big just gets syphoned out at wc.

diamond_discus
01-05-2007, 05:01 PM
For those who have drilled tank and automatic water change system, how do you clean up the poop and other wastes that reside at the tank bottom ?

thang45
01-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi guys,

Some pictures would help.

Thanks

White Worm
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Same as larry (sorta). I have my water return from the over head filters aimed in such a position that the current moves most waste into 2 certain areas and then I just vac.

mench
01-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Mike,if ya want BN,you saw how many I have...take a drive and I will fix you up..how many do ya need..Price will be cheap....

Mench

White Worm
01-05-2007, 06:10 PM
May be different mike here. I'm in Cali and that may be a long drive for me to NY. :)