PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm, why is my HOT Magnum running so slow?

tpl*co
01-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Well, I've been noticing my HOT Magnum on my BN Pleco tank has been running slow lately (yes, Mike the one with the babies, LOL). Cleaned out the out take and intake and that didn't help, I just changed the micro filter a little while ago, but, OK, maybe it needed it again since I've been feeding more for the babies.

Well, opening up the filter, I see a few baby BN, I put them back in the tank. Put in a new micron filter, still slow, so I am thinking about totally cleaning the filter and dumping the water in it. To be on the safe side I emptied the water in a bucket...

Out came at least 14 baby bristlenoses! All alive and kicking!

After putting everything back together I made sure to put some floss on the intake, LOL.

Oh, by the way Mike, what color do you want when they are ready?

Tina

White Worm
01-06-2007, 02:40 AM
Pictures Tina, pictures! Do you have red ones? lol, j/k. I dont care about color. I just need some cleaners that are not fond of sucking on discus. They seem to have a good reputation so I choose BN. Let me know what my choices are.

AmberC
01-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Wow Tina lol... I am glad they are ok from being in there! I'd like to see some baby BN pictures too! They are very cute when they are so little!!

Kindredspirit
01-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Oh, by the way Mike, what color do you want when they are ready?

Tina

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_118.gif

pcsb23
01-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Get everywhere don't they :) Glad they are doing good. BN's are excellent choices for many tanks, but particularly for discus.

tpl*co
01-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Pictures Tina, pictures! Do you have red ones? lol, j/k. I dont care about color. I just need some cleaners that are not fond of sucking on discus. They seem to have a good reputation so I choose BN. Let me know what my choices are.

My digital camara stinks and they are so small you'll only see dots :). I have a lot of baby browns (must be from my long fin brown mama) and a few albinos. They are still too small to see if they will be long fin or short fin yet. (daddy is short fin). I've seen a few that look kinda marbled too.

Tina

tpl*co
01-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Forgot to add, I don't have to mention that I don't do water changes on this tank with my Python :)

Tina

LizStreithorst
01-06-2007, 04:57 PM
The Magnums will suck up babies. Most especially babies that go looking for scummy stuff. Glad you solved the problem. I sure wish that I had Bristlenose babies.