PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Drive Utility Pump

AmberC
01-22-2007, 03:02 PM
This is a heavy duty pump that moves 950 GPH Model 9.5. It comes with a pre-filter (sponge) that goes over the intake to prevent large items from being sucked in. There is only one moving part, no oiling necessary, no seals to replace and can be used for fresh or salt water. Fully submersible or In Line.
I have had it for about a week now with no problems. So far I have only used it in the tank (not inline) and it has done exactly what I wanted. Drains my 125 gallon tank in a resonable amount of time. I bought this pump at my lfs for 100 dollars (US). They also sell it at petsmart, big al's online etc.

I would definitely suggest this pump to others. It completely drains 125 gallons in under 15 minutes.

greyhoundfan
01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I concur Amber, I have that exact same model. Works like a charm.

poconogal
01-22-2007, 10:21 PM
I have a Mag Drive pump also. Works great, no problems with it. Got it almost a year ago. The Mag Drives are supposedly really great pumps! I believe it!

roclement
01-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Have one, love, you should buy one!!!

traco
01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Amber, you know what? I have the same pump I think in my outside pond!! I noticed the sponge really needed cleaning so took it off and then thought, hey this looks kind of familiar!

So, I could use it for my inside tanks I'm thinking!:D