PDA

View Full Version : my latest force pairing

mandisc
02-04-2007, 02:35 AM
both fish abt 1yr , 6" - 3wk in breeding tank.
still no progress
plse comment ...........................................

pcsb23
02-05-2007, 12:31 PM
It can take time when force pairing, particularly if you are not certain of their sex. Patience is the key.

As for the fish I can only really comment on the one to the front, though the other seems to be reasonably nice. The one at the front is a quite nice PB, good shape and fins and a decent eye too. Nice pattern and colour. They should throw some nice fry. Both look clean without pepper. Keepers for sure.

mandisc
02-05-2007, 12:39 PM
tkns pcsb23 fr yr comment.....fyi the other one is my red turqoise male. i think the pb is a female.

pcsb23
02-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Interesting RT, looks like it has PB in it to me. good luck with them. If it is an RT then the fry may well carry some pepper.

LizStreithorst
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I missed the fact that the male was not a PB as well. If he is a Turk, I'd call him a Brilliant, or Blue Turk. As Paul said, if he's a Turk look for pepper in the fry.

The female is IMO a very high quality fish. Smooth is the word for her. She is well balanced. The blending of her dorsal and ventral fins is smooth. Her pattern is excellent. Her red eye is small. The area around her lips is round and smooth.

The male, on the other hand is not a fish that I particularly like, at least from this view. I can see a bit of a cichlid hump. The blending of the dorsal into the body seems abrupt. He is also flat in the area between the pelvic fins and anal fin. I DO like the shape of his mouth area.

All I can tell you about the forced breeding is that you have to either wait them out or give up, toss 'em back in the community tank and take it from there. Good luck.

mandisc
02-05-2007, 11:44 PM
thank u v much to all for the valuable comments n opinions. since my PB rcvd quite gd remark, i have ONE LAST QUESTION:D . since i,v some male fish on my s/by list eg. fine spotted,fine line snake,checkerbord,pattern albino n some turks. OR which strain best to cross with my PB? ANY sugestion,opinion or comments will be VALUABLE to me. THANKS IN ADVANCE:D :D :D

Rod
02-11-2007, 07:37 PM
One of the nicest pb discus i have had the pleasure of seeing in the discus university, very nice balance and near perfect shape. Great colors and pattern, A swimming dream!!! Well done mate.

Rod

mandisc
02-12-2007, 03:31 PM
thanks a million to all panel expert of simplydiscus university.....fyi i,v toss both fish into my breeding stock cummunity tank for nature to take its course. suprisingly tat PB are still v active eating anything tat i toss in eg. frz blood worm,BH,tetra bits n frz shrimps.it seems tat maybe she may even grow bigger to maybe 6"+ to 7" ? ? ?
or maybe she's still not ready to mate n just waiting for me to sent her to AQUARAMA 2007 tis may . lol

ShinShin
02-22-2007, 12:36 AM
As stated many times, I am not a real PB fan, but this is one fine fish. I agree with the high praise everyone has given it. The RT looks like another really good fish as well. I can't say much for the actual choice to mate them, however.

Mat

mandisc
02-22-2007, 03:27 PM
thanks a miliion everyone ........... as liz said before (All I can tell you about the forced breeding is that you have to either wait them out or give up, toss 'em back in the community tank and take it from there. Good luck.)well that is wat i'm doing now ............

LizStreithorst
02-22-2007, 05:03 PM
They'll find another mate. RT to Pigeon isn't a desirable cross anyway. Here's to hoping they pick out more suitable mates.