PDA

View Full Version : Heckel spawn ( by Juan C. Nieto)

INSU
03-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Hello to everybody.

I want to congratulate you for "The heckel project, a very interesting area

I think that this message of Juan Carlos Nieto mustn't be forgotten:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=33051

The photos are in this link:

http://www.drpez.net/panel/showthread.php?t=61033&page=1&pp=25&highlight=Heckels

Bye!!!!

David Urban
03-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Indudablemente, buen post
saludos

oskita
03-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Juan Carlos is a person very valued in Spain, by his knowledge in the treatment of diseases of tropical fish, now I believe that tapeworm altums and some wild disc. I have leido this post hundreds of times :D

DonVito
12-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Jejejejejeje what art! jajaja "I have leido..." oskita is the mejón!

It's sad that JC Nieto don't post more about his experience with wild discus and altums...

Apistomaster
12-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Let us hope we make progress with the Heckel Discus much sooner than later. I know of a handful of us who are making a serious effort to do so.

At least we know it can be done. Finding how to get our female Heckels into breeding condition seems to be our impasse. The males are so willing they will breed outside their species but that is a dead end.
I read through all of the older thread and was amazed at one response of why bother to do it since all you get is more Heckels.
In some ways, it was hilarious but in others ways it was dumbfounding. Establishing a captive bred Heckel Discus population would be among the most profound milestones in the aquarium history of the genus, Symphysodon.

If one thinks beyond getting an aquarium strain established, imagine the unimaginable possibilities. Who knpws what color varients might be possible? Compared to what has been done with Brown discus and it's subsequent variants, Heckels would seem to have tremendous potential.

Göran Ekholm
01-19-2008, 02:50 PM
I hope that the whan thats is geting it to work keeps the heckelstain cleen and dont make a crismastree of it like some peaple haw done whit adder stains. "Heckelhonnymoonyellowplingplong" what a terible thing to se in an add.:vomit::vomit::thumbsdown:

plecocicho
01-19-2008, 08:00 PM
A what?:confused: Can you post the link to pictures of those creatures? And i agrre with you, some hibrd discus strains are below any kind of taste for me.
lp