PDA

View Full Version : Glasscages.com

Ardan
04-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I have purchased 4 tanks total from glasscages.com. A 240 gallon, a 120 gallon and 2 60 gallon tanks.
I was very pleased with the price, the construction of the tanks, and the delivery.
I purchased these four at 2 different delivery days at 2 different pickup places. Each time they were where they said they would be and at the time they said they would be there. They had all the necessary parts for the glass tops that I ordered along with those tanks.

I am very pleased with my purchases and would buy from them again.:)

Ardan

rodneyfisher
04-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Hey I have purchased a total of seven 55 gal tanks from them. I live about 2 hours from them so I drove to pick them up. They where definently the best price that I could find on a 55 gal, and the construction has been good so far.
I will definently be buying more from them in the future.:)

discusfire4
04-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Its worth the drive for tanks from him. I have three custom sizes I have had build for me. He will build just about any size one would need.

Dkarc@Aol.com
04-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I have bought from them several times...each time was the same. Great tanks at good prices. Im picking up my new 300 gallon from them this Wednesday :D

-Ryan

devonpond
04-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Positive experience here as well.

For those unfamiliar, GC routinely posts a show & delivery schedule here:

Link (http://glasscages.com/?sAction=Deliv)

They typically have two months scheduled out. If you don't see your location now, check back in a month or two to see the new dates & locations.

There is a nominal delivery charge when you meet them on one of these scheduled dates. I paid a $25 delivery charge for 6 tanks last summer.

Namor!
05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I have purchased tanks from them a couple of times. I have several sizes ranging from 1/2 29 to 135 and love them all.
Good tanks and good prices.

Kenny's Discus
11-25-2007, 11:44 PM
I have also heard some good feedbacks about them. I just wish I lived within driving distance of them...the nearest delivery location near mine is LA, which is a good 6 hrs drive.:o

Kenny

alpine
11-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Any of you bought the acrylic tanks ? I would be interested in hearing some feedback on them .
Thanks,
roberto.

RichieE
11-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I have 4 acrylic tanks (and a sump from) GC. They are perfect for what I use them for: breeder tanks. If you are looking for a showroom quality tank you may be a little disappointed. The 2 125 gallon Tennecore tanks I have are much nicer. Better seams, nice broad curves, no chincy molding and more attention to detail. They are way more expensive also. It depends what your looking for. HTH Rich

RandalB
11-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Just saw this thread from another forum about them:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1251333

Interesting read... Interesting search on that forum...

RandalB

Discus-Hans
11-28-2007, 12:03 AM
I've 100 glass tanks (65 gallon) and 20 acrylic (65 gallon) with devider from them and I'm happy with them. Had 1 of the 100 leaking and was replaced with NO problems,

Hans

alpine
11-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I remember in the Texas and Chicago Aca conventions people picking tanks from them at their truck delivery locations and never heard anyone complained about what they got. I spoke to the lady once and she was pleasant. It was kind of strange that she tried to talked me out of buying an acrylic tank, but maybe is because they are so delicate in the finish .
I saw asome pictures of the delivery to Hans , a huge truck full of tanks unloading .

roberto.

CODISCUS
12-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm going to look at Glasscages when I redo my fish room. They deliver in Columbus.

Mike B

markstr
01-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Funny, I emailed them about their Acrylic Tanks and did get a response back..
I wasn't sure why they use the Black Trim though. If done propery, I wouldn't think this
would be needed. I was interested but they didn't get back to me on this..

Discus-Hans
01-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I just got 170 tanks from them in again, all my tanks come from Glasscages,

Hans

dpt8
01-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Hans, You are WAY over the top :9) You HAVE to post pics of your new fish room when you fill up those tanks with all those great discus !!!

Discus-Hans
01-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Look here buddy,

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=61740

Hans

dpt8
01-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Always great work. Love those fish Hans !!!!!

LizStreithorst
01-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Other people have had problems with Glass Cages, but I have been satisfied with them myself. My strongest tanks were built by them according to my specifications, and those tanks are STRONG, with gussets top and bottom and 3/8" glass throughout. There used to be a complaint with them that the glass itself is not as clear as say a top quality tank from say Oceanic. I understand that Glasscages now have higher quality galss available upon request (of course it costs more). But for fish room tanks I don't think that you can beat them. And if you need a show tank with the best quality glass, they can do that, too.

Urchin
01-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I can't believe everyone here has had good experiences. Go to ANY reef forum and they'll tell you Glass Cages is horrible. I have to agree that their tanks are NOT built well, AGA is even better with all their problems.

I called once and the customer service was horribly rude and atrocious. Lost a sale from me.