PDA

View Full Version : 150 GPD RO Membranes

Cosmo
05-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Not long ago I received an e-mail from airwaterice.com about a new 150 GPD membrane that's supposed to have a 98% rejection rate similar to that of the 75gpd. The 100 gpd's are only rated at 90% rejection.

I bought two of them, and replaced the two 100gpd membranes, and installed them with separate feed and waste lines using the flow restrictors that came with the membranes.

Despite the fact that I have a Aquatec 8800 booster pump hooked up before the sediment filter, I was only getting about 30# of pressure at the membranes - far too low to be effective :( I tee'd the waste line and ran it through one of the new flow restrictors, but the pressure on the membranes only went to about 65#... per the advertisement, the output is rated using 85# of pressure :(

So, despite the fact that I expect I'll take some heat from Russ and/or RandalB for writing this.... :o I removed the restrictor that came with the new membranes and put in one of the 100gpd restrictors. Pressure at the membranes came up to about 88lbs :)

I'm now getting significantly more production at a much lower TDS from the new 150's than I got from the 100's (which were fairly new themselves). :) :)

I'm very pleased with the results, but suspect these membranes would do much better in a single membrane system with a good booster pump. No plans to retool at this point though as I now have enough production to do twice daily WCs if I had the time :p

Jim