PDA

View Full Version : hey Connie...heres some Domestic Angel pics for you..

brewmaster15
05-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Since you like Angels Connie...

heres a couple of shots of some I am working with....;):D:D:D:D:D

-al

brewmaster15
05-14-2007, 02:57 PM
and more on the way of the same....:D:D:D:D:D

-al

steve.ryall
05-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi Al, just a quick question,

How come you get about a 50% number of fry that are striped and the other half clean, is that just from the crossing, like discus ?

Steve

brewmaster15
05-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi Steve,
Angel fish genetics are relatively worked out very very well compared to discus... they can actually predict accurately how many of each batch will look like what if they know the parents history.. they even developed a calculator for it.

I'm not big on angelfish genetics...to be honest...I find it more interesting trying things on my own...These angels in this thread are something I have been breeding for several generations.. these are my f5.

don't know if that answers it, but others can probably do a much better job.

-al

poconogal
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
They are beautiful, Al. The picture to the far right - stunning. Looks like Zebra Lace?

What are you doing with all those lil guys?

How are you keeping all of them together without their ripping each other up? Is it because there are just so many of them? I once had 5 together and it became a war zone. 2 paired up and I had to get rid of the other 3.

brewmaster15
05-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi Connie,
Yes, the key with the angels not killing each other is to have many in a tank..then theres little chance for dominance.

Theres 30 adults in that 125 gal and I could easily double that to 60.:)

What are you doing with all those lil guys? That tank is my breeding stock for the line .....getting time to pair them up though and then I'll need that tank for the next generation.:):):):) I keep about 400 gals for angels..predominately zebra and clown crosses as well as wilds and wild crosses now:)

-al

steve.ryall
05-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Cheers Al:)

poconogal
05-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Yep, that's what I thought to curb aggression, have a whole gaggle of 'em! Al, I REALLY wish I had more tank space :(

Now here's a question for you, Al. I've never encountered this before. I've got a beautiful year old Koi Angel which I raised since dime sized. Superveil, combtail, which I've noticed my Blue Ram keeps nipping at (he's a lil pain in the butt and someone needs to be moved). For some strange reason, 2 nights ago I noticed the Angel's lips all puffed up and dark looking, like a yucky grayish color. I'm 100% positive her lips were okay the night before that though. She seems very healthy and is still eating like an Angel fish eats - you know what I mean! I'm at a loss as to what's going on with those lips. Ever hear of such a thing? I've even wondered if the rotten Ram nipped her fins and startled her... maybe she slammed into the glass? :confused:

brewmaster15
05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Connie,

Have you ever seen the angel liplocking with any tank mates? maybe an infection as a result?

-al

poconogal
05-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Nobody to lip lock with -- I have the Blue Ram, an Emporer Tetra, Rummy Noses, Clown Loach and BN pleco. When I saw the swelling I immediately thought infection, so I've started feeding her tetracycline flakes. I think they're a little less swollen today, but the whole thing is just odd... and the color of the lips is even odder...