PDA

View Full Version : Digital Water Meters?

wilddiscuss
08-30-2007, 12:02 AM
I know I have to get some for PH. But what about ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate? Does anyone recomend this? Are they available? I have done some web searching and only came across a few....but they were in British Pounds. I would feel much better to get them in the USA (Or warrantied in the USA). I would think if they are a couple hundred bucks to get...it would be worth it. In the years of buying water test kits and refills. Probably more accurate. What does everyone think? Anything online you know sells them? :confused:

Todd

brewmaster15
08-30-2007, 05:23 AM
Hi Todd,
IMO... a digital combo meter that runs pH/temp/uS_TDS is an immensely useful tool.

Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate chemical kits are good enough... the reality is... if you have a good biofilter and good tank maintenance regiment you'll rarely check these biofilter levels... I barely do ..

hth,
al

Graham
08-30-2007, 05:59 AM
They are all available but as Al mentions you won't use them all that much

http://aquaticeco.resultspage.com/search?p=KK&srid=S1%2d1&lbc=aquaticeco&ts=custom&pw=testing%20meters&uid=882613543&&isort=score&w=Ammonia%20Meter&rk=2

Apistomaster
08-30-2007, 12:16 PM
I agree but you can save money if you get the $40.00 pH meter from
www.thatfishplace and a $50 EC/TDS Meter from www.airwaterice.com This displays temp in F/C.
Saves ~$50 over the cost of the all-in-one meter.
There is always the possibility with AIO devices that if one part malfunctions and has to be repaired you are out of luck for awhile.