PDA

View Full Version : UtahDiscus

DavidH
09-04-2007, 05:29 PM
Any feedback on Utah Discus?

Thx Dave

tbrat
09-04-2007, 10:09 PM
If your talking about Edy at Utah Discus....then I personally recommend him...I've bought from there before...great fish...and you really will have a hard time beating the customer service, before, during, and way long after the sale is complete!!

tbrat
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=58976

here's the link when I first bought from him.
hth
brat

DavidH
09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Thx for the info Brat

Dave

devonpond
09-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Edy is passionate about discus and is a world-class businessman.

I may have some of the details wrong, but Edy has been written up in several enterpreneur-style magazines.

He immigrated to the US in 1985 from Peru and with $100 in his pocket.

He now runs a chain of computer supply stores with sales over $25 million per year. He has about 60 employees.

His company buys computer parts from China and other parts of Asia. His business travels in Asia now include stops at discus competitions. He attended the recent Aquarama discus competition in Singapore.

He makes personal contacts with discus breeders in Asia and now lists the breeder who is supplying his current imports.

Edy may have the business acumen and Asian contacts that may significantly alter the terrain of discus reselling in the USA.

Let's hope so, it's awful depressing seeing so many that tried their hand at discus importing and reselling close up shop permanently in the US in the last decade.

tbrat
09-06-2007, 10:29 PM
WOW!!

I had no clue! Goodness I feel extremely luck having the chance to buy from him....think I'm on my way to his website now for more!!

great write up btw!

numinous
10-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Just received 2, 4" Venus Leopards from Edy. Awesome fish, Awesome communication. Awesome awesome packing. Awesome service. AAAAAAA+++++ can't recommend him enough.

Mickey

madfish
10-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Thats Im going back down to his store in Salt Lake City. I live about a hours drive away from it and everytime around the area I have to stop in and see what he has. I do have to say that he sure knows hes stuff and is a great to talk to. If you have any questions just ask him and he will have a answer to it.

BSW
11-24-2007, 08:23 AM
I would reccomend Edy ANYTIME.
Not only does he import some of the best fish available, but the knowledge he has and care he gives them, insure your going to get a VERY healthy, well bred fish ! He has awesome fish !
SUPER customer service, and a fantastic guy. I'd buy fish from him sight unseen anytime. He won't send any junk, because he doesn't have any junk !!! I'd be happy to own any fish he has !
B Wood

mikesmac
01-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Here are some pictures of some of the Discus I recently received from Edy at Utah Discus. They are Ung Seng Lip RGD's (the larger ones), an Albino RGD(Lip also), and Wayne Ng 3R2's. Although their color isn't developed yet I am putting a lot of hope into the genetics being present to grow into some real beauties ... and they do exhibit a lot of potential, although I'm not the best picture taker. Edy was very friendly throughout the entire transaction and truly seems to put a lot of care and effort into his discus sales, even though he is apparently also very busy with his computer business. It is always refreshing to actually get what I order. This was my first purchase from him and as smooth as it went I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again.

Mike

BSW
01-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Oh lucky you Mikesmac !
I've seen those fish in person and yes they are beautiful.
Edy's about 10 minutes from my house, I go over to drool, pretty often.
He also has some HB Albino Spotted Eruptions right now that are just gorgous too. I only wish I had another tank.
Glad your enjoying your new fish, keep us updated on their progress.
They should be real "lookers" as adults.
B

RickMay1
03-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I purchased some fish from Edy last week end. The fish he had were all of excellent quality nice round fish, and clean tanks. I didn’t see a single fish I wouldn’t be happy to own.

MSD
04-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I have 6 coming to me tomorrow, I'll give my opinion of the packing and fish, but so far Edy has been very helpful and cooperative, he showed my 2 sided views of each fish.

MSD
04-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Happy to report the packaging and shipping are perfect. The fish are bigger then the stated size and more colorful then the pics of them I saw. They are quadruple bagged, paper for shielding the fish, and warm water with the heat packs used. Acclimation went fine and they are swimming around now checking out the new tanks. Edy was a pleasure before and after the sale, I even got one free scarlet that is really beautiful. His fish and customer service and shipping are all A++.