PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Clear Filters

Cosmo
09-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Anyone ever use one? Easy to maintain? a Pita? I've been giving some thought to picking one up and was curious if anyone has had experience with them, cause I have no clue except what I've read in the catalogues.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Jim

Apistomaster
09-29-2007, 12:38 PM
They are very good filters. Not cheap. You can use them in series for very large tanks. You can use one as a combo mechanical, chemical, and biological and the second as only a biological filter, filled with beads and that one can be back flushed for periodic sloughing of excess bio-film buildup. I would prefer them to the Pentair systems.

Cosmo
10-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks Larry!

Yep, they ain't cheap :( Might have to wait until spring and see if I get my bonus this year :o

Jim

rangoon
10-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Have set one up for use in my (OC 340) 180. Like the filter, but you do need a pump as well as the filter. Installed dual s/o, unions, on intake and pressure- helps ease of maintenance.

Polar_Bear
10-27-2007, 08:06 AM
Jim,
Talk to Butch about them, he had one that he was less than thrilled with.

Rudy1964
12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Anyone ever use one? Easy to maintain? a Pita? I've been giving some thought to picking one up and was curious if anyone has had experience with them, cause I have no clue except what I've read in the catalogues.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Jim

hi , yes they are great filters i have two connected to a panworld 100px hight head pressure pump, the first canister it,s a 340 microm the second it,s a 317 fill with siporax bio it,s all plum with 1" and 3/4" pvc 200 gallon with 24 discus