PDA

View Full Version : How to Co2??

KingDiscus
10-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi there everyone,
I've recently added some t5 tec lights and...plants are doin great, fish are great, water is expectedly turning green. I've shortened up the time, and cut it down to 2 bulbs..and also thought co2 would help. I Wanted to know how to properly add co2 to my system here. I really have no clue, i know you need a tank, a regulator, and....thats where it stops. can anyone help me with a step by step? or maybe what you've done on your own tanks? I might have missed it here in the threads, but I cant seem to find any on this particular setup topic. Only DIY.. thanks!!

~Steve~

BSW
10-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi there -
try this, hope it helps -

http://www.gpodio.com/co2_setup.asp

B

scolley
10-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi there -
try this, hope it helps -

http://www.gpodio.com/co2_setup.asp

B
BSW - That is a KILLER link! I bookmarked that. Thank you.

KingDiscus, that was the story. The only thing missing was issues of "how much" CO2, which is just as critical as "how". For that I suggest you check out plantedtank.net. Also you need to consider a controller - something to regulate your CO2 level. Many people will tell you that they are not needed. And many of those people will have great experience to back that position up. But also, many people will tell you that a controller is a good piece of insurance. And they too will have a good story. It's all at plantedtank.net.

IMO though, you don't need one, but will be better off with one.

But in a nutshell, get it up to 25+ ppm, and to 45ppm if you can. After that you have to worry about oxygen levels for your fish, and below that you may as well be doing DIY. Good luck.

KingDiscus
10-07-2007, 01:55 AM
BSW yeah that link was killer, i bookmarked a few of the sites for ordering purposes thanks !!!

Scolley,

thanks for the other feedback about the controller issue, i'm sure i'm going to reasearch all those possibilites with transforming this semi-planted discus tank into a well established garden of greenery!! i'll post some pics of the before just for posteritys sake...

steve