PDA

View Full Version : A few pics for a soon to be Discus addict...

brewmaster15
10-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Hey J,
Heres your kids...

-al:D

Joander123
10-21-2007, 07:54 AM
woohoo!!

Im excited all ready lol.

Anyone who has a chance to work with al that has yet too... i strongly suggest it.
He's a great help and a great guy.

Kenny's Discus
10-21-2007, 08:16 AM
woohoo!!

Im excited all ready lol.

Anyone who has a chance to work with al that has yet too... i strongly suggest it.
He's a great help and a great guy.

I have worked with the master Al many times and after every dealing, I ended up learning more and more about "how to become a great, honest, ethical person". The fact that he has great fish is a BIG plus!:)

You made a wise choice J and good luck to your new beauties from Al.:)

Kenny

Ardan
10-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Wow! that is a great looking group of discus!:):)
I am sure you will enjoy them.

I agree, Al is one of the best!:):angel:

Ardan

Kindredspirit
10-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Those are awesome! You are so lucky!:)

Condor
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Awwwe man! I'm so jealous!:D Congrats!:)

Adrian

Tropical Haven
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Very nice looking fish and you definitely got them from a great person, nice job AL!! Hey where are mine? :D

Discus-Hans
11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Not to bad, not to bad at ALL.

Btw. who is this Al guy, do I know him :)

Hans

DISCUS USA
11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Al has the best wilds no competition.. often immitated never duplicated :)

brewmaster15
11-08-2007, 03:19 PM
You guys are just too much LOL.....:)

thank you though,
al

bikhu
11-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey J...

Al is a very good photographer but please don't be fooled by these pics. I have seen them in person and to be honest.... THEY ARE EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL than the pics suggest. You are a lucky dude. I looked with envy at that tank but Al was very quick to point out that these fish were spoken for. Have you taken posession yet? I am very excited for you.
Enjoy them!
peter

brewmaster15
11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Peter,
Thanks.:)

Yes jay picked them up, which is good..I was having second thoughts.:) JK...

-al

Joander123
11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Hey J...

Al is a very good photographer but please don't be fooled by these pics. I have seen them in person and to be honest.... THEY ARE EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL than the pics suggest. You are a lucky dude. I looked with envy at that tank but Al was very quick to point out that these fish were spoken for. Have you taken posession yet? I am very excited for you.
Enjoy them!
peter

Couldn't agree more with you bikhu. Beautiful fish, im gonna get more photos up when i can, but they are doing great, eating well...and look great.

But PS al... they look much better in my tank than yours =).

See if i can some pics up soon.

J

Kenny's Discus
11-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Hey J...

Enjoy them!
peter

Peter, when you were staring at those beauties did you "beg" him lol? My source told me Al has a weak spot somewhere...:D:D

J, looking forward to seeing more pics of them. Again you got yourself some real beauties from the master.:) Enjoy!

Kenny

bikhu
11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
True, Al does have a compassionate, sympathetic heart for the longing eye of a discus junkie but.... once he promises something to someone... it is as solid a steel.

No way those fish were going to anyone other than J. But.... I didn't leave empty handed!

:)

Kenny's Discus
11-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Peter, you mean you have something up your sleeves?:) Big Congrats!

Kenny

bikhu
11-09-2007, 09:47 AM
My family and I went to visit Al and his wonderful family, had a tremendous meal, awesome conversation and on my way out I picked up a couple of Discus. Al sold me a lovely Turq and a LSS. (Also put some cobalts on hold :)) They are getting along pretty well except i am not too sure if AL was feeding them. THey have been here for about 2 weeks and since the first morning... they just don't stop eating. No matter what I put in the tank the eat like maniacs...Every time I walk toward the tank they swim up begging for food.
See J, this is what you can expect with fish from Al... hungry little buggers wanting to eat you out of house and home! ;)

Sorry for hijacking the thread!
peter

Joander123
11-10-2007, 01:04 PM
No worries peter, glad to see he gave you some nice fish too. =).

Cobalts on hold you say.... any chance are they cobalts from future breeders? When i was there about 2 weeks ago he had 2 awesome looking cobalts that were spawning, i was very interested in those as well, nice and solid blue.

Isnt his place awesome?

architect1
11-13-2007, 12:10 PM
nice fish.

Joander123
02-22-2008, 02:19 PM
hey guys, just wanted to update with a few pics of the fish al sold me. They are all doing great, and a pair has developed. You can see more information in the breeding section if you like, i'll link that here so you can look at the pics i posted as well.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=62472

I believe the wild blue is the female and the leos is the male, although i'm not 100 percent sure.